Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Flying Taco
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 95 VR4 the tilt steering will not lock. Yesterday it barely locked and loosened up, but today it moves freely no matter the position of the lever. I shoved some styrofoam in there to hold in somewhat in place, but this is definately a very annoying thing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
Don't know what to tell you. My steering wheel has been in the same position since I got the car. I have no reason to move it at all. What seems to be the problem? It should just slide right in.

·
Flying Taco
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm.. TTT

I had no reason to change it either, it just slides up and down by itself. Even with the lever snapped it the wheels moves as if the lever is out. Ugh. Thanks anyhow.

·
Why does everyone argue?
1,302 Posts
if all else fails, I have a complete steering column for sale. E-mail me...

PS-from the one I am looking at in the basement, there doesnt appear to be any repairable parts on the whole thing...

·
Flying Taco
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Column For Sale

How much do you want for it? What year and model is it from? Thanks.

·
Why does everyone argue?
1,302 Posts
asking 250 for the whole colomn with electronics, but no AirBag...(doent matter, your steering wheel is different anyway) It is from a 92 VR-4 with 60K miles, I checked my CAPS program, this will work in a 95. e-mail me back for pics.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
ummm.....I would first take the steering column off. Does the lever go up and down easily?

I imagine its just a snapped or loose cable. Probably an easy fix.

-Jeff

·
Why does everyone argue?
1,302 Posts
DARKTRAIL-there is no cables involved in this mechanism, they are all welded points and steel pivots. nothing I can see as being repairable.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
hgmmm........sorry I guess I shoulda done a little more homework. Try to just wedge something somewhere and make it stick to a place...i mean how often do you adjust it anyway.

-Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts