Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I went through a similar problem with acl years ago. I never trusted them again. I've only used king bearings since. When a bearing manufacturer lets a product out their door that is out of spec by several times the allowable amount, I never trust them again.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
the guy that just cut my heads said i could try shaving the thrust bearings down a bit and reassemble, as long as i dont mess with the coating on the thrust side....any input on this?

id assume, some 320 grit on glass and swipe back and forth until i could measure it in spec, then a couple passes of 400-600 to smooth it out?

fyi, my thrusts were .0785-.0795

·
Registered
789 Posts
Had no problems with my clevite thrusts and was able to turn it by hand easily, but good to know. Not sure how long they were on the shelf, and were also just the p series not coated.

King needs to release race bearings for us. Pretty bad when you can't even trust someone like Clevite.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Once you have it that far apart it would be silly not to at least check the end play spec before deciding. Standard value : 0.05 - 0.25 mm (.0020 - .0098 in.) Limit: 0.3 mm (.012 in.)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts