Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i want one....I really hope they make the GT specs All Wheel Drive....right now they have a AWD one coming onto the market..but has the base models specs......one of motor-trend's negatives on the car was you can't the GT specs and AWD...i hope pontiac re-considers that...it'd be stupid not too.... anyways. what do you guys think??

Base model Specs
• 1.8 liter, 4 cylinder, DOHC Variable Valve Timing-intelligence (VVT-it), 130 hp
• 5-speed manual transmission
• 16" steel wheels with all-season tires

Optional Specs on base
• 4-speed automatic transmission
• 16" aluminum wheels with all-season tires
• 17" aluminum wheels with summer tires
• ABS

GT model Specs
• 1.8 liter, 4 cylinder, DOHC Variable Valve Timing Lift-intelligence (VVTL-it), 180 hp
• 6-speed manual transmission
• 4-wheel disc brakes

Optional Specs on GT
• 17" aluminum wheels with summer tires
• ABS

AWD model Specs
• 1.8 liter, 4 cylinder, DOHC Variable Valve Timing-intelligence (VVT-it), 130 hp
• 4-speed automatic transmission
• 16" steel wheels with all-season tires
• 4-wheel independent suspension
• ABS

Optional Specs on AWD

I think if they combine the GT's specs with the AWD specs..and take the better of the two..it'd be a bad ass little car...much much better than having a damn civic or integra.

Here's some links to pics

http://www.conceptcarz.com/views/ShowPic.asp?car_id=2949&picID=9905

http://www.motortrend.com/july01/vibe/vibe_f.html

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Garbage

for the money buy a used VR4/TT and REALLY impress your friends

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for a grocery getter i think it'd be quite nice.

i am getting a vr4..and that car is not reasonable to go shopping with....i think it'd be cool to have for the family sedan.

m.s.

·
Registered
606 Posts
thoughts... no, i honestly try not to think about how brutal most new cars are.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Well, it will probably be pretty cheap. Pontiac's doing everything it can to get young buyers interested in them. It's pretty obvious from their site:

www.pontiac.com/vibe

Maybe if it were a 2 door, ala Focus ZXwhatever. I'm sure it'd be a decent vehicle, ever since Pontiac got it's hands on an AWD for the Aztek (which of course being based on the Montana, made it to that too). It'd be criminal not to offer it on a GT model.

I do like their packages, what features and looks come and go on certain models. I do agree with the writer of the one article, I think if the Toyota version hits the market anywhere near the same time, the Vibe will be killed by it. Just a matter of the people who buy Grand Prixs vs. Celicas.

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Since you asked........

I can't express enough my dismay for these new vehicles coming out.....that is IMO one of the ugliest things I've ever seen....it ranks down there with the Aztec. It might be worthwhile under $16k.....but I know it will be over $20K nicely equipped...especially with any power. But hey, my opinion only matters to me....you are the one that will be driving it so if you like it, by all means go for it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's supposed to be around 15-17k nicely equipped......we'll see what happens when it comes out..

once again..i'm saying as a grocery getter...don't worry i'll get my vr4 WAY before getting on of those. :)

i respect your opinion..i'm just seeing what all of you think of it....
and yes..most new cars are utter failures and disgust me..

m.s.

·
Dirty American Devil
420 Posts
I'd like to see this...

The current Rolling Stone has a fold-out Dodge advertisement that features the new Dodge Charger concept vehicle heavily. I like it because it doesn't look like all the new SUV hybrid cars that seem to be the trend in show cars. If they could scale that thing down to a 2-door I think it'd be a gorgeous vehicle.

Ian

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Re: I'd like to see this...

Stigmata said:
The current Rolling Stone has a fold-out Dodge advertisement that features the new Dodge Charger concept vehicle heavily. I like it because it doesn't look like all the new SUV hybrid cars that seem to be the trend in show cars. If they could scale that thing down to a 2-door I think it'd be a gorgeous vehicle.

Ian
It's a gorgeous car, 4 normal doors though...the more I think about it, the more I dislike that idea. If they were at least suicide style that require the front doors to be opened first, I could tolerate it.

Dodge can pop that sucker onto the market with the new HEMI right after the F-Bodies go, leaving thousands of V6 mustangs...ohhhhh, the fun!

Oh yeah, I forgot to point out, the Vibe is the next step in the process of eliminating the 2 door Pontiacs. For shame, GM.

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Not that I am ever going to buy a Vibe, but at least it looks better than the Aztek. That's about the only good thing I can say about it...

·
Registered
606 Posts
It's a gorgeous car, 4 normal doors though...the more I think about it, the more I dislike that idea. If they were at least suicide style that require the front doors to be opened first, I could tolerate it.
things might change alot for that concept car. i believe the next generation intrepids are going to be RWD and are going to get a nice makeover. the charger would then be placed on the same chassis as the intrepid with 2 doors. and yeah....the hemi...yummmm

·
2,248 Posts
The Vibe = a tiny Aztek! :D

Guys, don't be so hard on the Aztek and other new cars coming out on the market. There is something you can say for them that you can't say for 99.999999% of all other vehicles being made now- they're DIFFERENT. I mean, having a Vibe/Aztek/Rendezvous is not like driving a Corolla which looks like Prizm which looks like Civic which looks like Sephia which looks like Elantra which looks like Taurus which looks like EVERY other car on the damn road!!!! It's also not like paying out the ass for an Escalade which is a duplicate of a GMC which is exactly like a Suburban which looks like Expedition which is a mini Excursion which is an oversized Explorer which looks like Blazer which looks like EVERY other SUV on the damn road!!!

One thing I *HATE* is to drive a generic car. Azteks stand out- they're different. I'd buy one in a heartbeat (if I were selling my Jeep and wanted that type of car).

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
It's a 1.8 my decent knowledge of displacement laws tell me I would have to shoot myself before I modded that.... unless it was in a streetbike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.