Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
no speed limits here
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find the damn thing. It sort of sounds like it's coming from under the rear seat. There's nothing in the seat to rattle; I've looked under the seat, and under the car. It's making me nuts.

It rattles at speeds between 85-90 (I know, I know...). Is there any way the Stealth spoiler can "throw its voice" under the seat. Am I the only one with a car that does this (I've been living with this for 3+yrs.).

Any ideas? I'm desperate, here.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
Just an idea...mine rattled near the same spot as you describe, it turned out to be the Cargo cover. It jiggled inside the two rests it lies on. May or may not be what you got, but easy to fix if it is!

·
no speed limits here
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know...I thought of that but, it still rattles when I take the cargo cover out. :(

Thanks for replying.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
DOH! hmmm, what else could it be.

Is it a squeak, or more of a rattle?

Maybe a loose hanger on the exhaust. I hate diagnosing rattles on my car, i know how you feel.

Could also be some of those panels in the back lid...that cover the rear lighting wires etc...those turn to lock panels aren't to stable

Just trying to throw some idea's out there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
310 Posts
OK, another shot in the dark, but I had a metallic rattling sound coming from somewhere near the floor board behind my driver seat. I finally tracked it down, but it is a bit odd to describe.

The back of the my leather seats are actually fake leather (plastic) and at the very bottom, there is a flap that is supposed to tuck under and hook up to a small horizontal metal bar that is part of the seat structure. The flap had gotten unhooked (probably someone's feet getting in or out of the back sit) and that metal bar was rattling.

Did that make any sense?

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
Our exhausts have lots of heat shields, I cant remember off hand if there is one under the rear seats. I would check for that though. :)

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
EVILTWIN said:
could also be some of those panels in the back lid...that cover the rear lighting wires etc...those turn to lock panels aren't to stable
this is what i was going to suggest, in my car the panle on the underside of the hatch rattle. with the cover on I find it harder to tell where it comes from, but with it out it is pretty easy to tell.

get a friend to sit in back and hold down each panel for a few seconds to see if the rattle goes away.

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Sorry, I can't answer your question

BLACK94TT - But, I'l ask ItalianStealth if he's run into this problem.

Since we are talking about rattling. I have this metal on metal rattling, which seems to be coming from behind my dash. It only occurs when I corner hard, launch hard, or hit a pot hole. At first I thought it was my DP had broken off up near the turbo housing, which would about pen-point where the noise was coming from. But, upon checking that & a few other things, I found nothing.

Anyone ever had a similar rattle? Or any ideas?

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
I'd say your right about the DP hitting something....maybe a bracket underneath.

Flex sections?

·
no speed limits here
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked those rear panels and even that hold down for the rear seat. It does kind of sound like a heat shield vibrating. I'll look into that.

Thanks, guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts