Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of sudden my Ad Blocker turns off the "header" (the cars at the top) and give me an opaque line.
It makes it that I cannot navigate the site because there is a BIG 3SI in red that covers the abilty to "reach" the area to be able to navigate between forums.

REALLY?

What kind of ads can you put up there?

I had Adblocker Plus, but it messed with stuff on my news channels, now using Adblocker Ultimate and today. blam.

Been a member for 20 yrs.

Tell me which Ad blocker I can use and still navigate the site.

Ugh.

·
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just added "Ghostery" and deleted AdBlock Ultimate.
Seems OK so far.

G'damn.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,724 Posts
It's why I browse using Tapatalk on my phone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Samsung 10.
It sits over there ->
We are not on speaking terms (I am 62 and SMART phones, in my opinion, will soon be the demise of America).
Way too easy to hack (not saying that my home computer is not, but I feel good with my 64 bit encryption that I have on my router).

Retired software engineer here....

Bob.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Use ublock origin. Not ublock. Two seperate programs. Ever since adblock started taking payments for preferred ads, they've occasionally fumbled and shown stuff irrelevant to the content. I've had nothing but issues with ads, formatting, and whiteleists on adblock, but ublock origin has been smooth sailing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Use the Brave browser for cell phones or PC computer, it blocks ads automatically and you can turn ads on and get paid in BAT cryptocurrency!

·
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I have to tell you, I tried UBlock Origin, and it still caused issues with Firefox and FoxNews (yeah, yeah, I know).
I took 3KGT7's advice and downloaded Brave.
10x faster than Firefox, uses less memory, doesn't screw with FoxNews and blocks everything!
I did have to disable it for some of my internal sites (routers and Home Assistant) but after that it's working like a charm.
I may have found a new GO TO browser.

A few more days of trouble free operation and BYE BYE Firefox!

Just my .02

Bob.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brave sounds promising - does it block YouTube ads?
Yep Brave browser does block YouTube ads. I use it to browse YouTube and with the ad blocker activated there’s no ads. What’s great about Brave browser is they’re trying to create a more fair internet. When you activate ads, you get roughly 20 free BAT tokens per month (through their monthly BAT distribution). Then the browser sends these tokens out to the sites you visit so the websites make money without tracking your personal info. A BAT token is worth about $.21 cents per token, so the sites can cash these in and make profit. You can also keep the BAT you earn from ads, which I’ve made roughly $35 over the 5 months of using the Brave browser. It’s a revolutionary and brilliant idea.

·
Not around often
136 Posts
Yep Brave browser does block YouTube ads. I use it to browse YouTube and with the ad blocker activated there’s no ads. What’s great about Brave browser is they’re trying to create a more fair internet. When you activate ads, you get roughly 20 free BAT tokens per month (through their monthly BAT distribution). Then the browser sends these tokens out to the sites you visit so the websites make money without tracking your personal info. A BAT token is worth about $.21 cents per token, so the sites can cash these in and make profit. You can also keep the BAT you earn from ads, which I’ve made roughly $35 over the 5 months of using the Brave browser. It’s a revolutionary and brilliant idea.
Better yet, maybe website owners should stop trying to force Ads down our throats for a couple bucks... (Although... would I really be willing to pay for access to this forum?? hmm.... probably I suppose, if it were ad free!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts