Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 3 days I thought I'd try and do some car work...

day 1, I pulled the seats and panel to program my new remote I got off of ebay for $20 to find out it was the wrong remote. 3 hours wasted, so I tried the fog mod, again that didnt work either, another 2 hours trying to get that to work.....

Day 2: Got the Fog mod to work, Turns out the diagram is a TOP side diagram Not a bottom side one, This makes a world of difference.

day 3: Fuel filter day.... started at noon, Did it just like Stealth316's diagram... Went smooth except that I couldnt bust the bottom bolt loose so I took off the FUEL U with ALOT of effort.... When Fuel filter is out I Put the bracket around the new one And throw it back in the car, I torque down the damn FUEL U and start to remount it to the firewall, only to realize I tightened up the bracket too muck and my bracket is too bent in to mount up on both sides.... Try to re-loosen FUEL U, but It was too tight and bolt started to strip, so I said F it and decieded my fuel filter didnt need 2 screws to mount to the firewall :)
lastly I torque down the Fuel line Bolt on top of filter to the point where the mount is moving because it is now not securely fastened on both sides, Put the battery and all back togeather and start my car...

Start car and it's spraying fuel like a wd-40 can out the top.....
Undo Battery, bracket,etc. Try to tighten it and cannot secure the bracket... So I do get it a little tighter, reassemble..... Still leaking fuel, but less..... Undo Battery again.... Pust fuel filter away with wooden board as I Torque the shit out of the top bolt tighter.....
NO More LEAK !!! Ya !!! Reassemble.

Yeah the car is a pain sometimes, But I owned a honda b-4 this, a delsol, That I made into a show car.
And I say I made it a show car but really I didnt, I had the SHOPS do all my work, stereo, engine, interior, bodykit, lights, etc.

But ya-know what, I love this 3kgt 10 times more than that car Because from day 1 I Worked on this car, Down and dirty, under and over, I read the how-to's.. And I do it, And I feel ALOT ALOT ALOT better than when I would go pick up my car from a shop after a MOD, I have satisfaction now. And its a good feeling.

SO thanks to the whole 3si clan, to ALL of you because your knowledge and help makes some people more deturmined (SP?)
to acclomplish things themselves !! And Yeah Im dirty and smell like gas as I write this, and Im COLD (its 28 degrees here, but I had a heated garage) But I'm happy. I saved probally 200 in labor, and learned something new.

Next week PLUGS and wires.

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
i love that feeling after ya work on the car of a job well done (only if theres many parts left over, or something was fudged because it was too late to go to autozone and you wanted it to work NOW) hahahah even tho it takes a chinamans hands to reach in the engine bay i still love doing it and will hopefully never get tired.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
doing the work yourself is a lot more rewarding...plus you get a lesson in Patients & Anger Management with these cars, cause they make ya wanna scream & break stuff sometimes...:D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Working on the car is alot easier then some think. sometimes i wish i could tell the shops to get out of my way and just let me use their tools :)

·
Registered
17,551 Posts
call a shop next time you fix something on your car and ask them what they would charge to do the job...

if you were tired, or stressed, or in pain after you finished working.. hearing the price estimate they give you should put a big ass grin on your face.

i just love working on my car in general... im so fucking obsessed that i get a thrill out of being under it. lol - gf's get jealous :) :mitsu: :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
i wish i had all the tools the garages did...but its still fun no matter what and you feel good when you finish...

man my gf is so fed up with me talking about my car its not even funny. so i know how you feel tony gold!

but weed man that sounds like a good source of motivation!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
doing the work yourself is a lot more rewarding...plus you get a lesson in Patients & Anger Management with these cars, cause they make ya wanna scream & break stuff sometimes...
This is what I tell people when they're having trouble removing the rear heatshield around the rear turbo and rear precat. :D

That's how I did it anyway!

·
Professional Tool
1,150 Posts
Being 17 and all, I know the feeling about working on your own car, and doing all of your own mods. I felt like a stealth-god after taking off my resinator :p The only mod I cant really do myself, is the exhaust, or maybe I can, because my dad does have a welder, but it might be a pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts