Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 3000gt vr4 tt
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the body come completely off the frame? The car is a wisco car so rusty under carriage just curious if the body comes off so i could blast the body.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Our cars are considered unibody. So other than the front and rear subframes, they are pretty much one piece. Some guys have created a rotisserie somehow, to allow them to blast the undercarriage. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures.

·
Registered
97 3000gt vr4 tt
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our cars are considered unibody. So other than the front and rear subframes, they are pretty much one piece. Some guys have created a rotisserie somehow, to allow them to blast the undercarriage. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures.

well that kinda sucks lol im sure i can find someone out there that can do but hopefully for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
367 Posts
well that kinda sucks lol im sure i can find someone out there that can do but hopefully for a reasonable price.
If the rot is severe it's probably cheaper to buy a clean roller and swap your parts into it. Our cars are cheap and ones with spun bearings or smashed valves are plentiful, it rarely makes financial sense to do any major body restoration unless you are going to do the work yourself.

·
Registered
97 3000gt vr4 tt
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the rot is severe it's probably cheaper to buy a clean roller and swap your parts into it. Our cars are cheap and ones with spun bearings or smashed valves are plentiful, it rarely makes financial sense to do any major body restoration unless you are going to do the work yourself.

it doesnt look rotted just rusty. all in all its a solid car. i will take some pictures this weekend for everyone to look at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts