Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about dipping wheels in chrome? i like the look of our stock wheels, and i dont really need to make my wheel bigger i just need to lower the car a little and it should be fine. and i expect dipping to save me alot of money.

J

·
0 Posts
Sounds good! I have been investigating having my painted 91 stock rims polished but the shops I checked with are not interested in the challenge. I will tackle it myself after I finish the current projects. Let us know how it goes.

S

·
0 Posts
I looked into having stock chromies re-chromed... Cost was 700 for all four the work had a 1 year guarantee

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
I have a 91ES and I polished my stock rims and lowered the car 1.75" it came out perfect. Your never happy though because now I want 18" rims. I just put 225.50.16 Nitto extreme tires on it. If anyone wants to give me 800 for the set of four with only 900 miles on the tires thats like getting the rims for 200 bucks. good deal if you need tires to.

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
I know having anything chromed is expensive. It has to be a almost mirror polish before they can chrome it. I would think about powder coating. It is much cheaper and is much harder than paint if done right. I had a 85 TA with the whole rear end and most of the rear suspension powder coated black and white. Looked good when it was clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts