Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Likes to eat cheeseburger
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may not know that we are expecting another child.
I have had my 3000 for over 10 years and 100,000 miles.
Though its fun and we have come a long way together.
Just no room for children and to be honest, tired of turnin wrenches.
Car is gonna be 20 years old next year. Though it doesnt show.

Threw around the idea of trading my vr4 and my talon tsi for an older evo.
that way no car payments.

Also, I'm just bored with the 3000.

Just venting.

·
soo...HOT...
1,642 Posts
i knew this was coming eventually...kept talkin about it before.

ten years is a good time for a single car. good luck with whatever you get, but stay close! i know you're at least keeping facebook, and we can track each others' kids :)

PS...how much shipped for one of your blocks to 29040 lol and maybe some heads...don't get rid of your parts too fast cuz i may want some :) planning on buying my next one around tax time

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you dont wanna buy used parts from alaska man.
parts are plentiful in the lower 48.

when i was down there just a couple weeks ago, i couldnt believe how cheap everything was. cars, gas, grocery, housing. i was like, dang.
but then the overcrowding, pollution, job competition, i was like, naaahh.

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well from shoppin around, i think i might get an evo from the lower 48.
anything local, they want like 10k more than something similar in the states.

europe would be awesome.

if there was such thing as an all wheel drive turbo mini van, i would be in that stuff so quick. only thing close is porsche cayenne, wayy tooo much for a poor man like me.

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
sad to hear, ive deff cut down on my driving in the last years but i could never sell her for near what she's worth so, ill prob keep her forever. i was in utah 2 weeks ago for a death in the family and the prices are nice but fuck all that traffic! i love having one stop sign between me and seward.

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know what you mean man.

i keep looking out my window lately and thinking to myself, that car is not going to be there someday.
i remember when i was young and first got it, i used to look out the window and couldnt believe it was actually mine.

but life dictates and there is a time to move on.

i know when my boys are older they are gonna look at me and say,
"gasoline dad, really"

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
i still get butterflys in my stomache about 15 minutes before i know im going to drive her. you need to come by and see what she can do now that ive got a solid tune on her and, the bugs worked out(95%). im usually to out of it after 5pm but this is my last weekend for work this summer. let the camping begin!

·
Registered
433 Posts
10 yrs is a long time with the one car, I have owned my 3000 since 2000 and done similar mileage and been on many hols with my children. I decided to keep it and just keep replacing bits, its the longest I have ever kept a car and I figure given what I have spent and what the car is worth I may as well just keep it. Good luck with whatever you decide, I am sure you have some great 3000 memories.

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh the memories.

I did the entire western U.S. in it, including driving all the way up the coast and through Canada back to Alaska.

Did alot of autocross
even did some off road mountain races just like WRC.
had piles of people in it. had kids piled in it. camping everywhere.

i hear ya man.
3 alternators
3 engines
2 transmissions
at least 5 clutches
at least 10 sets of tires
4 starters
2 sets of wheel hubs
at least 15 sets of different turbos
2 rear diffs

too many things ya know.

now i got some crazy shake at around 65mph
probably just need to greaze my carbon fiber shaft(2 piece)

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah the rivalry.

i looked at the STi as well,
but insurance for the evo is only .70 cents,
yes, cents, more than my vr4 now, which isnt much to begin with,
but for the STi, it was $100 dollars more a month for insurance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the Subies alot. The steering is much more precise and I love how the turbo kicks in a 4k. Also I do like the Blue interior a lot.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sad news.. but like I said, I'm sure you'd be happy in an Evo and you would have all the space you need, more reliable.. just sucks that you'd have to part with that car when you've had it for so long :(

·
soo...HOT...
1,642 Posts
if there was such thing as an all wheel drive turbo mini van, i would be in that stuff so quick. only thing close is porsche cayenne, wayy tooo much for a poor man like me.
swap out the TT drivetrain into a Dodge Caravan...the 6G72 should fit, then modify the driveshaft and rear axles :muahaha:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
swap out the TT drivetrain into a Dodge Caravan...the 6G72 should fit, then modify the driveshaft and rear axles :muahaha:
I'm sure he could find a way to do that too, if he really wanted. lol.

Songsay on the plus side if you did get an Evo you could at least still keep some of your electronics, if not all of them right? fuel controller, gauges, boost controller..

you gotta give me a ride though if you do get an evo! I've actually never ridden in one before.

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
True Chris I could keep most of the stuff like my HKS boost controller, Walbro, Greddy RS.
From cruisin the Evo forums, its just as much work and money to get into Evo as it is 3000gt.
Maybe when the kids are in elementary school and no more daycare bill.

But fantasy is always easier than reality.

Evo aint gonna be for a long time.
New baby is gonna be here in like 2-3 months.
Daycare for 2 children is killer on the wallet.

If you have never been in an Evo or Sti, I would suggest going to car meets and introducing yourself.
My first time in an Evo was awesome, it was an 8 with just a boost controller and could run 12 secs flat consistently. I tell you what, it was fun as hell, the driver didnt hold back, didnt do no 25mph in 4th gear kind of bull. He was balls out the moment I got in. Same with the Sti owner. I was a passenger in the Sti in an autocross event.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts