Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

241 - 260 of 279 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Well those two issues shouldn't be an issue for me.....GTO's don't have a front hego and in the UK we use Celsius :)

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
My coolant temp never goes above 110 F

It says Fahrenheit, but is it? My stock temp gauge just hangs out in the middle. Bad coolant temp sensor?

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
My coolant temp never goes above 110 F

It says Fahrenheit, but is it? My stock temp gauge just hangs out in the middle. Bad coolant temp sensor?
Probably a coding error. 100 degrees Celsius is 212 degrees Fahrenheit, which put you running hot all of the time. And there is no way on earth your car is running at 110 degrees Fahrenheit. On a cold start, does it give a different reading?

·
John
1,400 Posts
I just installed this, and it is going through the color LEDs in order (rather quickly), and blue light flashing..

I seem to be having a problem with the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3, app keeps locking and forcing close.. the device shows up in the software as null, when I try to connect, it typically freezes and forces close at this point.

·
John
1,400 Posts
nevermind, bluetooth was enabled, but not paired.. all good now.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Mine arrived and is now working on my S3 :D
Think my palm pilot will soon be gathering dust :lol:

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I know one man band enterprises can go this way due to demand over whelming production time etc.....I was in no rush to receive it, as long as I received it eventually. It's still in the early stages of development, but even so, it's still a worth while addition to the 3S platform imo.
Went down to my local scrap yard today and chopped a connector off a Galant (found another GTO later on) to fit my obd port, so I now have a straight plug in affair instead of fiddly wires....just helps if switching between cars. Next up is sourcing a neat little box to house the pcb, to help protect it from the elements.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
I know one man band enterprises can go this way due to demand over whelming production time etc.....I was in no rush to receive it, as long as I received it eventually. It's still in the early stages of development, but even so, it's still a worth while addition to the 3S platform imo.
Went down to my local scrap yard today and chopped a connector off a Galant (found another GTO later on) to fit my obd port, so I now have a straight plug in affair instead of fiddly wires....just helps if switching between cars. Next up is sourcing a neat little box to house the pcb, to help protect it from the elements.
This summer I will be building a plastic injection molder so that the next version can be made to have a housing. I'll also be building (hopefully) a pick and place machine to cut production time down probably 100 fold.

Then again, I apparently got one of those bad oil pumps on my VR-4 so the car I just dumped ~$15k into has zero oil pressure at all :\

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
Hey man any plans on fixing bugs or any software updates?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Hey man any plans on fixing bugs or any software updates?
Absolutely. I have 7 finals starting tomorrow, but after they're done, I'm free. Only taking one class this summer.

·
3SNJ Pres
2,779 Posts
just wanted to say that I received my unit a few weeks ago but did not have the chance to post to this thread. nice build quality and it connected to my phone with no issues. i found a plastic enclosure that it fits pretty well, i'll try to get pics this weekend and post them up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know (if you're not a part of the facebook group) that there is a free firmware upgrade available. You may have noticed that sometimes you get a value of zero - this is due to the ECU not sending a stop bit on some occasions, so it causes an error.

If you want the firmware update, please email me at [email protected] and I'll let you know what to do.

In addition, there will be a software update available this week :) I accidentally broke log files on the last update, so I may put one out even faster as an emergency :\

·
Registered
72 Posts
I second that, anyway I can get one of these? I have a 94 N/A so I believe I have the evil hybrid

241 - 260 of 279 Posts