Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

221 - 240 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
its supposed be like 86-93 + obd2+ i think.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
yeah cause its not very easy to use, I got it to work.. But just finding out now that The seller lied to us and said it would scan codes when I asked him..

and then he erased his facebook page..

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I don't recall erasing my facebook page....? All contact info is on my website, as well. An update is being uploaded to the market tomorrow (after I get someone to test the diagnostic menu) that will add the ability to read/clear DTC's as well as control things such as the fuel pump, etc.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
yeah well thats not what u told me. your frozenapp facebook thing disappeared. send me the link then.

You told me I can scan the codes. You didn't tell me You will be able to scan the codes in future when i figure it out.. thats kind of a huge deal..

well looking forward to that update.
cause i had this device for a while and i thought it was something I was doing wrong. I go to find out this news that it wasnt even ready to read error codes.

I bought device just for scanning code lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Update in the market. Get it -> go to the logger view -> connect to bluetooth device -> go to menu -> hit Test Menu -> enjoy.

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Changing spark plugs and A/C belt now. I will have to reinstall the adapter as I took it out. I searched for the instructions and found them on the frozenapps wiki. I also learned you can datalog a wideband O2 with MMCdroid by connecting the voltage output wire to certain ECU pins. Pretty friggin cool.

Memphetic: If I just got an AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor (no gauge, just the O2 sensor), could I just install the O2 sensor and connect the output wire to the ECU pins?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
My S3 updated the software automatically earlier..... can see various changes. This is like a kid getting a toy for Christmas but no batteries to be able to play with the new toy :lol:

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Actually. I forgot that MMCd adds 10* to what the ECU reads, unless you changed the coding for that parameter. So around 15* when the CAS adjustment plug is ungrounded (I have a first gen) is where it should be at idle. Sorry. Still curious about the injector disable issue.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I'd like to thank memphetic for his contribution to the platform
Thanks, I truly appreciate that :)

Changing spark plugs and A/C belt now. I will have to reinstall the adapter as I took it out. I searched for the instructions and found them on the frozenapps wiki. I also learned you can datalog a wideband O2 with MMCdroid by connecting the voltage output wire to certain ECU pins. Pretty friggin cool.

Memphetic: If I just got an AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor (no gauge, just the O2 sensor), could I just install the O2 sensor and connect the output wire to the ECU pins?
Unfortunately, you need a controller - however, you CAN get a controller that's specifically made for logging and doesn't have a gauge. The 0-5v output should then be wired into where the EGR Temp sensor used to plug in, and that wire should be cut off to prevent interference.

Also unfortunate is the hijacking of my wiki by bots... I'm surprised you found anything :p I cleaned it up a lot today, but man is it ever ridiculous...

Actually. I forgot that MMCd adds 10* to what the ECU reads, unless you changed the coding for that parameter. So around 15* when the CAS adjustment plug is ungrounded (I have a first gen) is where it should be at idle. Sorry. Still curious about the injector disable issue.
Correct, it adds 10 degrees - however, I'll be changing that in the next update, as well as adding the injector disable functions. Right now the only things implemented in the diagnostic test menu are reading DTC's, clearing DTC's, and fuel pump relay. I just wanted to get that out ASAP so that TwinTurboGuy would be appeased. Tomorrow though, don't worry :)

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Re: Re: The time has come.... MMCdroid Group Buy!

Thanks, I truly appreciate that :)

Unfortunately, you need a controller - however, you CAN get a controller that's specifically made for logging and doesn't have a gauge. The 0-5v output should then be wired into where the EGR Temp sensor used to plug in, and that wire should be cut off to prevent interference.

Also unfortunate is the hijacking of my wiki by bots... I'm surprised you found anything :p I cleaned it up a lot today, but man is it ever ridiculous...

Correct, it adds 10 degrees - however, I'll be changing that in the next update, as well as adding the injector disable functions. Right now the only things implemented in the diagnostic test menu are reading DTC's, clearing DTC's, and fuel pump relay. I just wanted to get that out ASAP so that TwinTurboGuy would be appeased. Tomorrow though, don't worry :)
Alrighty. Thanks a ton for finally getting the ball moving on this. There are a few other things about the app I have questions about, but as for now, this is great:)

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
For those of you guys that have gotten your adapter, and are confused about how to mount or where to put it, I figured I would share this with you.

I thought of many different ways to mount it in my car. One idea that I almost did was take apart the spare ECS module I have and place the adapter in it and secure it in there somehow, probably with Velcro. Then mount the ECS module in the glove box, with wires leading to the OBD1 connector. What stopped me from doing this was that the ECS box is pretty much a metal cage, and inside a metal cage, things start to get funky as far as frequency, electricity, and transmission (long story short). It might not have been affected at all, but I really didn't want to go through all of the effort installing it in the glove box to have to take it right out. You could probably do this with a plastic box if you wanted. But there is that idea for you. Especially if you don't want to see the flashing LEDs at night.

A while back, I tried mounting the adapter with just Velcro against the side of the OBD1 connector, but after a week or so it would fall off. So I cut strips of the soft fuzzy side of Velcro and put it on the inside of some zip ties as cushioning to protect the chip. I also put Velcro on the back of the chip and side of the fuse box. There isn't a lot of tension on the zip ties, but there is two of them and there is also Velcro on the back of the chip. It is very secure and hardly moves. Here is the adapter mounted.

I had a picture of it one with the LEDs on, but accidentally deleted it. I would have liked to mount it on the side of the OBD1 connector, but there was an obstruction behind the plug that wouldn't let me get the zip ties on.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
can any one send photos or video of the scanning code feature? i am going to get mine running today.

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
Is anyone else not getting a front o2 reading? Just hooked up a multimeter to the o2 and its working just fine, but showing up as 0.0v on mmcdroid. And also im guessing coolant temp is displayed in celsius?

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Is anyone else not getting a front o2 reading? Just hooked up a multimeter to the o2 and its working just fine, but showing up as 0.0v on mmcdroid. And also im guessing coolant temp is displayed in celsius?
I don't have front O2 voltage either. Idk about the coolant temp.

221 - 240 of 279 Posts