Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Is it more fun to be a "seasoned" citizen and driving a supercar than when you were younger?

• No, my knees hurt when I push the clutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's that you said sonny?

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
?Mark
16,684 Posts
I know the two oldest members, they are prolly like 78 now. John Ramey and the oldest Al Latchum , they are half a year apart. John has a Stealth , Al a 99 a spyder and something else i think

·
Marshall Taylor
1,184 Posts
I know the two oldest members, they are prolly like 78 now. John Ramey and the oldest Al Latchum , they are half a year apart. John has a Stealth , Al a 99 a spyder and something else i think
I haven’t spoken with John Ramey in several years. I hope he is doing well. I sponsored the “Best Stealth” award at the TX3S Gathering in 2010. John’s car took the award. His was the only Stealth there, lol. Not to take anything away from John’s car, Pampena and Dave helped him set everything up. It was nice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, over on the "trying to find an oil pump" thread, (91 Dodge Stealth 3.0 dohc Need Help Finding Oil Pump) it's turned into a retired people driving 3k/Stealth thread so I thought I'd start the old people's thread.

Memebership criteria is above 60 years old.
Bonus points for being retired.

View attachment 290539
Well, I think I qualify ! 67 years old, retired, and bought my 95' 3000GT SL in June. I had two 3.0 Eclipses in past but always wanted a 3kgt. Not a VR4 or a tt, but love the way it looks, banging through the gears and reliving a little of my youth riding around with my buddies in MG's, TR's, old Porsches and such running the back roads in Fairfield CT and Westchester NY counties. Some nights when things were a little wild, many of us would wear helmets in the cars in case we went off into the woods, haha ! Prior to those years, grew up in Chicago and was a big fan of all the late 60s and early 70s muscle cars, favorite being a 69 or 70 Oldsmobile 442 545 Hurst edition, amazing vehicle !
Well I don't have a Stealth, hope I qualify to join the group/thread !

·
?Mark
16,684 Posts
I haven’t spoken with John Ramey in several years. I hope he is doing well. I sponsored the “Best Stealth” award at the TX3S Gathering in 2010. John’s car took the award. His was the only Stealth there, lol. Not to take anything away from John’s car, Pampena and Dave helped him set everything up. It was nice.
I texted him last year i think. Asking about the age difference with al latchum as it came up somewhere , al got him beat by a half year.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just a quick rant: Idiots built yet another $%@!! roundabout in town. No worries, I take it at 40. AWD baby, AWD. Yeild my old white ass.

Just wait til I've got the diffuser built.

Actually, I could probably go a lot faster but man I worry about over stressing the tires.

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,576 Posts
Qualified person checking in. Not retired yet, but have switched to mostly easy work - who needs the stress?

Bill

·
Registered
91 Stealth DOHC R/T , 92 R/T TT, 2020 Dodge Hellcat
46 Posts
Ok, here I go again, "how can 1 person want so much more PAIN?" So ya all know I have the 91 stealth r/t that's my granddaughters and the motor is in machine shop now and has been for 6 weeks, they are just now getting to it,, blamed it on covid but anyway. Replaced lifters then heard a slight rod knock, hence the machine shop. While twiddln my thumbs waiting for that engine to be done I see this 92 Stealth R/T TT with new motor and new turbos in kansas for sale so figuring I still have a small space in my 60 by 80ft shop not doing anything so let's get it, RIGHT, after all the owner said all it needed was a fuel pump relay LMAO lying @#[email protected]!#$#. by the time my wife and I got to Kansas we were pretty tired so to make a long story short, I looked at the car and it looked ok and the price was definitely ok, so I bought it to fix up for my grandson. Put it up on the trailer and got it home and guess what. Not only is the relay bad, the whole damn elec system seems to have problems including I think he fried the ecu. The passenger window won't even go down, lol Hell I'm 64 years young and after checking it out it took 3 valium, 2 pain pills and a request from me to my wife to please smack me with a hammer to calm down. Why oh why do I like these cars so much, am I a gluten for punishment, trying to see how far my veins will bulge before exploding, just love pain, or Love my grandkids so much I want them to have something none of the other kids do. I have yet to contact this person back on facebook where it was my wife that actually originally seen the car, I think I better give it a few more days. Now I have 3 stealths and none of them run,, Ahahahahahah whew glad that rant is done, now outside to the farm to get some home chores done before having great expectations of diving back into the one I just bought,, yeee haww can't wait. Ya all have a good and safe one out there!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Dude, you have got to lay off the gluten. There's nothing anyone can say to make a bad decision better other than everyone's done it. I might be the luckiest blind Stealth no test drive buyer ever. Although it was a no brainer when I saw the notebook with mileage from EVERY time the 1st owner drove it.

So my final advice as the founder of the Geezer Posse is to combine the two cars into one great car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dude, you have got to lay off the gluten. There's nothing anyone can say to make a bad decision better other than everyone's done it. I might be the luckiest blind Stealth no test drive buyer ever. Although it was a no brainer when I saw the notebook with mileage from EVERY time the 1st owner drove it.

So my final advice as the founder of the Geezer Posse is to combine the two cars into one great car!

To top it all off I took out the ecm to check it today and it's fried. Gotta love it. Time to search for a different one,, yay

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
To top it all off I took out the ecm to check it today and it's fried. Gotta love it. Time to search for a different one,, yay
You could have it rebuilt too. It's not that expensive to have it done.

And yeah, it's 3:30 in the morning. It's how us old people roll. Early bird and all that. Well, the fat ass cat got me up at 3 for his breakfast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, lol Max my dog gets me up at around 5 with that big cold nose flipping my arm in the air till I get up,, on the ecm repair I can't find anything about repairs except replacing the caps. Mine needs more as you can see in the pic. I know someone out there has had this happen too. I can't even find a diagram telling me what those little wafers are. Looks like at least 1 popped and splattered onto that little board but don't know if it damaged it. The caps are bad and maybe a couple of diodes. I contacted 2 places that say they rebuild these but naturally wouldn't give me any info. They told me prices anywhere from 249.00 to 1,000 Or maybe can't be fixed is what the 3rd one said. I can't find a diagram anywhere on this repair, only the wiki one showing replacing the caps. If you know of somewhere I could get that repair diagram that would be great. Otherwise I guess I'll start looking up the numbers on those little wafers thin

Attachments

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,439 Posts

A bit pricey, but a better price then most listed there...

I sold two of these this year after I sold my 92TT. $150 each + shipping. What a nice guy I am....

Bob.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Okay so I brought up my getting drunk with the designer of the Mig 27 in vortex thread so here's some of my airshow photos from when I was a photojournalist. They've all got my watermark on them. I can probably dig up the originals if I have to.

The two shots of the F-14a diving were taken in Muskegon Michigan. At the point I shot these, the plane was around 7 miles out - I was using a BIG telephoto. After he took off, a cold layer came in off of lake Michigan so when he went by show center, well, the speed of sound had changed. And he broke the sound barrier right in front of us.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
And a question. How the hell could we let this poor thread die a cold miserable death? Time to breath some life into it.

I JUST GOT A GREAT IDEA!

·
?Mark
16,684 Posts
It's the cold fabulous snowstorm of historic proportions

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
It's the cold fabulous snowstorm of historic proportions
Good thing we gots AWD! I love taking my rare low mileage supercar out in a snowstorm and then to the car wash right after. :rolleyes: The air dam really helps pack the snow into the radiator.

Michigan weather forecast: Snow Wed. after 10 am, less than 1/2 inch possible, Thur partly sunny.

Real weather: snow wed starting at 8 am, continuous to 7 pm then restarting Thursday with heavy clouds.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts