Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Is it more fun to be a "seasoned" citizen and driving a supercar than when you were younger?

• No, my knees hurt when I push the clutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's that you said sonny?

• What's a supercar?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
?Mark
16,650 Posts
I know the two oldest members, they are prolly like 78 now. John Ramey and the oldest Al Latchum , they are half a year apart. John has a Stealth , Al a 99 a spyder and something else i think

·
Marshall Taylor
1,154 Posts
I know the two oldest members, they are prolly like 78 now. John Ramey and the oldest Al Latchum , they are half a year apart. John has a Stealth , Al a 99 a spyder and something else i think
I haven’t spoken with John Ramey in several years. I hope he is doing well. I sponsored the “Best Stealth” award at the TX3S Gathering in 2010. John’s car took the award. His was the only Stealth there, lol. Not to take anything away from John’s car, Pampena and Dave helped him set everything up. It was nice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, over on the "trying to find an oil pump" thread, (91 Dodge Stealth 3.0 dohc Need Help Finding Oil Pump) it's turned into a retired people driving 3k/Stealth thread so I thought I'd start the old people's thread.

Memebership criteria is above 60 years old.
Bonus points for being retired.

View attachment 290539
Well, I think I qualify ! 67 years old, retired, and bought my 95' 3000GT SL in June. I had two 3.0 Eclipses in past but always wanted a 3kgt. Not a VR4 or a tt, but love the way it looks, banging through the gears and reliving a little of my youth riding around with my buddies in MG's, TR's, old Porsches and such running the back roads in Fairfield CT and Westchester NY counties. Some nights when things were a little wild, many of us would wear helmets in the cars in case we went off into the woods, haha ! Prior to those years, grew up in Chicago and was a big fan of all the late 60s and early 70s muscle cars, favorite being a 69 or 70 Oldsmobile 442 545 Hurst edition, amazing vehicle !
Well I don't have a Stealth, hope I qualify to join the group/thread !

·
?Mark
16,650 Posts
I haven’t spoken with John Ramey in several years. I hope he is doing well. I sponsored the “Best Stealth” award at the TX3S Gathering in 2010. John’s car took the award. His was the only Stealth there, lol. Not to take anything away from John’s car, Pampena and Dave helped him set everything up. It was nice.
I texted him last year i think. Asking about the age difference with al latchum as it came up somewhere , al got him beat by a half year.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts