Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Finally got my cfds installed after waiting it to arrive a week ago. Now I'm having the thing vibrate at about +60mph and rotating it didn't help. So does anybody have ideas to help get rid of the vibration?
I know I need to replace my rear engine mount as I was too lazy to do it when replacing the other 3. Was also considering replacing the rear diff bushings with solids, would this help in any way? What else is there to try? Any help is greatly appreciated as I really don't want to sell it cos it made the car feel great, well, under 60mph that is. :)
the rear engine mount is the one that takes the most abuse and gets worn worst. Not saying it's 100% your issue but just saying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Replaced the rear mount but sadly no change in vibration. I need to try rotating it again and I also read somewhere that if there's rust on the flanges it might be the culprit. So I will try and clean the mating surfaces as the cfds had rust on it when it arrived. Didn't take a pic of the flange but here's a pic of the other end and you can clearly see rust on it.

141 - 142 of 142 Posts