Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright you guys I need your opinion on how my system is and if you guys think its nice. This is what I got: Alpine 7977 deck, ALpine digital equalizer with sound processor, infinity kappa components 6.5cs, infinity kappa 6x9's, alpine V12 4 channel amp, alpine V12 2 channel amp, alpine 10 inch type R subs=2 of them. What do you guys think of it?? later on ill post some pics of it.

·
I love the 1st gens..
2,282 Posts
Nice equipment. What 2 channel and what 4 channel Alpine amps. I love Alpine..I have all Alpine in my car. Nice to see someone else. Also which equalizer??? Dont have to describe just give me the model #'s....I deal with Alpine products everyday.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys

The 4 channel i got is the V12 amp that pumps out 70x4 at 2ohms and the 2channel i got is is 360x2 its also a V12 amp. I dont know the model numbers on them. The digital equalizer i got is the PXAH510. I also got a question does taking that plastic covering off the lid off the hatch of the trunk help with the bass or not I was just curious. Im not that satisfied with the kappa speakers because everytime I try to to gover 29 on the volume i get some nasty distortion from the bass but I think its because I cant set the EQ right it pisses me off. If anyone could help me with the EQ setting i would appreciate it. Im thinking about putting MBQuart's in and taking the kappa's out and selling the kappa's.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait a minute

im confused which one my amp thats powering the sub is. I know its a two channel and its the best one abt had. im confused probably because im at school right know

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im wondering

are you suppose to get bass from the components, because they distort pretty bad when i get some bass from a song. This is after my friend tweaked the system and before that we barely got any bass from the components but know it seems as if though its too much and that the speaker is about to rip.

·
poser
2,611 Posts
No, the components should be highpassed to prevent low bass frequencies from reaching them. Around 80 Hz or higher, especially on a 12dB slope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts