Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I should have left mine in the box sealed. Lets just say I can not use spry paint. :( Was you suppose to primer it first? The paint didn't stick at all on mine. :p

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i bought the dodge stealth pace car off ebay complete kit.... lets just say it was my first model car i have ever built
enough said

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some hints on painting these bastards would be help, I was thinking about just using spraypaint on them but now I'm thinking it wouldn't work too well on this materal:x

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Taipted said:
Some hints on painting these bastards would be help, I was thinking about just using spraypaint on them but now I'm thinking it wouldn't work too well on this materal:x
I used to build model airplanes when I was younger. I usually got some sandpaper and rubbed the plastic prior to painting. It helped the paint bond better. Don't use spray paint. Use an airbrush. You can pick up a cheap singe action one for less than 30 clams and get one of those canned air deals for a couple of bucks more.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
i have the one nolimit sold on ebay. i bought 2..i put one in my car for awhile but the sun from the summer destroyed it :(

the other one i have displayed in my room:)

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
$27 is a joke. You can get it for $12-15 at many local and online hobby shops.

I have one. It's not bad. My only complaint is that the hood is molded shut, so there is no engine detail.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,889 Posts
Some modeling hints.....

Before spraying you're supposed to wash parts with a mild soap and water to remove any oils left by the molding process.
Leave as many parts as you can on the "trees" when you paint them and touch them up when you remove them from the tree, always sanding the "mold bumps" prior to touching up.
Use tweezers to attach smalls parts.

Last night I just completed a 1/20th scale 1st Gen Dodge Stealt TT (with an opening hood Jeff!!!!) and it came out pretty decent. If I remember to bring it tomorrow, I'll post pics.

Patience is a must when doing these. It took me the better part of a week to do this one.

Btw, I have done that Tamiya model and the finished product is 6" long.

Anyone seen any 2nd gen TT models (plastic) out there?

Bob.:)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,889 Posts
Heres a couple of shots of that Tamiya model....

Painted to match my old 94 VR4. (I know, its a 1st gen model....). They're in my office....

Its in a case with a 911 Turbo Carerra I built after it...

Not bad for an old guy, eh?

Bob.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.