Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then I'm a bit more appreciative that I have a VR4.
For example, when I turn off my car and remove the key from the ignition, if I forget to open or close my window, I still can still do so.

However, I'm on the road quite often in the morning for long distances, and there are no places to put my coffee, absent removing the ashtray.

I wash my car as too often. (I.e. after last years repaint, I wouldn't even take my car out in the rain. To date, I'll still wash my car if I get caught in a storm.) Does anyone else notice that water gets trapped in many places and causes post nasal drip for a while. Solution, gas power air blower :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
One thing I really hate about my car is the sunroof. It rattles SO FREAKING LOUD. It rattles with the lightest bit of turbulence. It sounds like I am driving a semi with numerous trailors behind me. I have tried tightening everything I could possibly tighten, but no luck.

Another thing I hate is the turning radius. What is it, like 80 FEET??? I can't make a three point turn for crap.

One thing I love: How my car looks. :cool: I still literally can't take my eyes off of it.
Another thing I love: EVERYTHING. I might hate some things, but that really means I love em. ;)

4,448 Posts
Three words: ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED SUSPENSION :D

I LOVE IT!!! Altho I usually ride in Sport mode, it's nice to have an option if there are passengers.

One thing I hate is that the stock gauges are that ugly amber color. Oh well. Another thing is the slop in the shifter. I can move the shifter around in the gear. I'm trying to figure out a way to fix that up.

Can't really name too much more. I love the looks and performance (for a guy's first car) of it, tho!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
One thing i hate about our cars is every time I hear the slightest noise my wallet gets scaried.
One thing I love is just the way she drives. Most cars can't take corners that fast.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
One thing i hate about our cars is every time I hear the slightest noise my wallet gets scaried.
EXACTLY!

Today I was starting to wonder if my shifter was supposed to move as much as it does when its in gear....paranoid much?!:p

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
true

EXACTLY!

Today I was starting to wonder if my shifter was supposed to move as much as it does when its in gear....paranoid much?!:p

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
true

EXACTLY!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yeah, my wallet's been "scaried" a lot already and I've only had the car for like 2 months. Plus, the scarying isn't over. I got a broken rear wiper switch, a short somewhere in the front wiper system, a tear in the leather, a whole bunch of things that weren't done at the 60k service:rolleyes2, and an itching for a whole lotta mods!!!:rock:

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
What do I love about mine? Pretty much everything, looks awesome, drives awesome, handles awesome, comfortable as anything. Hell, I've had it for nearly 7 years, that alone says it.

I don't guess I really hate anything about it, but my biggest wish for it would be a telescoping steering wheel - I woudl give anything to have it 2-3 inches closer to me (longer legs force back seating position). Also the fact that the hatch drains water into the trunk if you open after/during rain... Annoying as hell!

EricB

·
I love the 1st gens..
2,282 Posts
One thing that i hate is after it rains alittle... You put down the windows alittle bit, go around a corner and all the water slides right off your roof into the car.... It's one of the little things we need to put up with to own such a beautiful car.;)

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
Love: the design. But since that's a cop-out answer I'll say the feel of the stock suspension in sport mode.

Hate: stock wheel gap. I know its a touring car but give me a fucking break. You'd have to slap 20's on her to get rid of the wheel gap on the stock springs.

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,085 Posts
225/60/16's (basically + 1/2 inch all around to fill out the wheel well) and about 100 pounds of stereo stuff in the trunk help the wheel gap emensely...:D

Ted

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I happen to be the lucky recipient of 2 ACL knee reconstructions. One in each knee:) MY MOST HATED FEATURE FOR SURE IS: right after I open the car door to get out, the door AUTOMATICALLY EVERY FUCKIN TIME swings back inward usually landing right on the scar tissue of 1 or both of my knees.

If I had a dollar for everytime I have gotten out of the car screaming, cursing, and grabbing my knees looking like an idiot......well I'd have a lot of dollars:)

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
I hate those small ass 9bs, 360cc injectors, fuel pump, body roll, and wheel gap.
Intrax is very good to get rid of that wheel gap though:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts