Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm following a guy on Instagram who claims he has the last VR4. He says its #287/287, and 3268/3268. It is white, pretty much stock, and a gorgeous car. I think he's from Texas.

I don't really want to post his username for privacy reasons, but if you look around with the keywords "last" "99" and "vr4" I'm sure you'll find his account. He posts some pretty cool pictures of his car.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I'm following a guy on Instagram who claims he has the last VR4. He says its #287/287, and 3268/3268. It is white, pretty much stock, and a gorgeous car. I think he's from Texas.

I don't really want to post his username for privacy reasons, but if you look around with the keywords "last" "99" and "vr4" I'm sure you'll find his account. He posts some pretty cool pictures of his car.
He does have the last USA delivered VR4. I think from memory, August 1999.
Looks like it is in good hands.

The car in this thread is the last Twin Turbo GTO. Z15A0600289.
Late July 2000.
Japanese Domestic Market.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Still running strong. New Timing belt and Tensioner since last update.
I practiced on all the other cars first before tackling the last TT.
Put OEM rims on the 2nd last TT. Good move I reckon. They look great together.
Last TT closest to camera in both pics.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Thanks Michael and Forest.
Feel a little guilty though Forest. I only searched for a special one and just have to do my best to keep it that way.
Your 95 Stealth TT looks perfect in that sig pic and I can only wonder at the hours and dedication must have gone into getting all those mods in your sig installed.
So many people on this forum have taken not so well looked after cars and made them into something really special.
Even bringing a dead 3s back from a crash or major failure. Something I didn't do yet and take my hat off to everyone that has.

17,164 Posts
Thanks Michael and Forest.
Feel a little guilty though Forest. I only searched for a special one and just have to do my best to keep it that way.
Your 95 Stealth TT looks perfect in that sig pic and I can only wonder at the hours and dedication must have gone into getting all those mods in your sig installed.
So many people on this forum have taken not so well looked after cars and made them into something really special.
Even bringing a dead 3s back from a crash or major failure. Something I didn't do yet and take my hat off to everyone that has.
Thanks, I appreciate that. It has taken a long time and I am still perfecting some things. I hope I can spend more time driving this year and less in the garage :)

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Last two TT's. Not quite identical twins.

lol

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Took me a second to get the last one... Well done.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I love that you have the last 2 ever made, that's just amazing! I am trying to get everything perfect with mine. Have an interior piece to replace, and a couple dings that you can only see in the right light. I've decided to keep it stock!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Great pics John. I notice both cars have no insulation on the air cond gas line around the strut tower. My red car is like that too but I had not seen it on other cars, usually there is insulation on that section of line also. Seems strange that Mitsubishi chose to delete that section of insulation on some cars.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Thanks fellas.
VR-4Madness, don't forget to qualify "last two" with TT.
Somewhere out there is Z15A0600290. A 4 Spd Auto NA, Silver SR GTO. That is the last GTO, full stop.
Proud to own the last two TT GTO's. Not as good as you might imagine. Constantly on my mind I have to pass them on as they are. So we don't park in the supermarket or drive down main street at rush hour. Worry if I got the timing tensioner pulley bolt exactly right etc.
Reckon I would just about find a hollow log, crawl in and die of shame if I damage either one.

Has been an amazing ride though. Some of it a bit " Ripleys believe it or not "
One thing specially, I'll share with all of you, still gets me.
I started out with Z15A0500289. When I found out the last TT GTO was likely Z15A0600289 blew me away.
The very day I saw my first picture of The last TT GTO. I also saw for the first time a pic of Z16A0500144. If you didn't guess allready, just as in the first case, The same production number, but one production year before the second last TT, Z16A0600144 which we now own. What would be the mathematical odds of that happening ?

GTO, Stealth, 3000GT, just freaky cars all round. Everyone who owns one has a story. Thats why I'm here. Changed my life for the better.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Scotty,
Good to see you about again and we are doing good thanks. Rims we took off are stacked up, hoping I can get them re-chromed again sometime.

3000gt3000gt,
Park the car that is going to finish up on the opposite side to what you drive first. Find a helper to line you up. fold your mirrors in. The wheel spokes lining up was just good luck.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Compliance workshop did a very poor job compliancing the exhaust coming into Australia.
They cut outside of the cat flanges and welded a new cat in, making it one piece right through. Not a good idea.

Fixed it.
Thanks Ryan ( rjt86 ) for helping make this happen. Turned out good.

Smiles per mile.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts