Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
33 y/o non-married. $500 deductible. no tickets in >6yrs. Also have home with same company. $157 / month with Ohio Casualty. I know that where you live makes a big difference in rates. My agent told me that a big rate factor is if you live less than or more than 3 miles from where you work if this is your primary vehicle.

Mark '96 VR-4

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MightyAl,

I live in Cincinnati, OH as well. On my '92 VR-4, I pay ~$70/month through State Farm insurance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Cincinnati (or anywhere??) you have to carry full coverage on the car if you don't fully own it outright. So the $70/month is full coverage.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking into buying a 1992 Dodge Stealth and the big insurance question came up. I was curious how much people were paying for comprehensive insurance with a modest deduction. I am turning 24 here soon and i will be married in 6 months. I will be living in Cincinatti,Ohio but i am interested in a general consensus. So let er rip i am curious to see what people are paying.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
you will have no problem if you are getting married soon. i am 21 married and pay 750$ a year on it. that is FULL coverage with 100$ dedeuctable on collision and 0$ deductable on theft!

before i got married was a different story

·
Fo Shizzle
2,410 Posts
Wow..

750 a year.. CHEAP!!!

23, male, unmarried... 200 a month... have pity

hmmm maybe I can marry my car?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I pay $239 per month.. i am 21/M
I should marry my car as well..

Raja
94 Vr4

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Al3k, I hear ya! I'm 28 M single, so I've already passed all the age reductions. Only thing left is marriage and kids for better insurance! I pay about $130/mo for my 6 year old car... Allstate, in NC.

EricB

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a 33 year old single male with no accidents or tickets in 3 yrs.
I pay $182.00 a month for full coverage, with a $250.00 deductible.(MAX ALLOWABLE BY THE BANK)
This was the cheapest i could find in my area,(DIRECT INS.).
We're already married to our cars !!
HOWIE RD95SL

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a 92 Stealth R/T, 30yr old, married (since June), spotless record (past 10yrs overseas where you can negotiate w/police). Comprehensive coverage w/$250 deductable + plain liability for my 88 Hyundai beater runs me $137.50/mo with USAA, Geico quoted me like $148.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My normal carrier, "Bear River Insurance" would not insure my 3000 due to the fact that it is on their "exotic" list. They were however able to administer another policy for me through another company (I still pay Bear River the premium...) called "Progressive". They not only look at your driving record but your credit also. We pay only $648.00 per year, full coverage, with a $500 deductable.
I am 38 years old, married, spotless driving record, good credit. (I can say all this today, but who knows about next month!)
Randy

·
Registered
653 Posts
I pay like $120 /month in PA with Progressive (27, married), but that's irrelevant to your situation. Best thing to do would be to call around and get free quotes from different insurance companies (starting with your own). You don't need to own the car or have a VIN to get a quote.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts