Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Thanks guys!
I will admit, I patched up the Stealth during the 2019 season to attempt to get it back up and racing before the season ended because the VR4 was not fast enough against some of the competitors. It’s funny, watching the races on Youtube does not give a lot of these cars justice. The majority of the 4th gen Camaros, and Trans Ams that race here are all pushing over 400rhp. If the VR4 wins inside lane, I can bully my way for the more defensive line but even then, I’ve lost to a few even wining the inside lane. The oversteer is killing me on the turns.
I will admit it to you guys because we are family… I cheaped out, bought another stock bottom end, slapped everything back together and let the Stealth rip! Car was pulling strong but, again, pushing the limits of the stock bottom end. I attached one of the last races of the 2019 season. The Stealth was running great all day until… well I’ll let the video tell the story… Enjoy!

If you guys really enjoy these spectator drag races, you should follow TBerg Media. He’s a local guy that streams these races on Youtube. You can watch a few other events on his channel.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That was really close Joe!

With a built engine in the car you'll be really competitive for 2020 season.

It's funny that so many people say these cars are too heavy to race even though almost nobody actually races their cars. I found out myself through 13 years of racing my car on various tracks that with a little prep like proper suspension and uprated diffs these cars handle really well.

We have a hill climb competition here in my town that I run every year. My 180 000 km stock block, full interior, AC equipped car beats most of the pure race cars up this hill. The look on their faces after they exit their caged, no interior, pure race cars and see my car above them on the results is priceless :)

Here is video from the Hill climb last year:

141 - 145 of 145 Posts