Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The e-manage is pretty damn easy and effective air/fuel/timing piggy back computer I think.. you wire it up, calibrate the TPS, tell it which injectors you had (360cc) and what you have now (720cc) and it'll adjust -50% for you and give you a fuel/air map with all zeros.. simply add or subtract fuel in each cell to get your desired O2 voltage. If you're fuel is right where you want it and you're still getting knock, pull a degree of timing in that area that knock is detected and log again.. rinse and repeat if necessary. Easy as pie man. If you an install a S-AFC you can install an E-Manage.. they use the same wires except the E-Manage has a few more for intercepting the Timing signals for each coil pack.

Ok, it's about time somebody did this so it might as well be me.. this thread will be the definitive E-Manage link. It will cover Parts, Installation, Configuration and putting it to use among other things. I will update this post as I gather more information so check back and refresh to get the latest.

Parts
here's what I bought and what they do in a nutshell:

GReddy E-manage Main Unit

This is where the configuration is held and the processing is done. Alone it can do some very rough tuning via the external knobs.. simular to what an old MAF-T can do. It's firmware can be updated via the "software tool" which I will cover later... and a laptop.

GReddy "PRofec E-01" Boost Controller
The Profec E-01 is an EBC (electronic boost controller) which uses the supplied 3 bar (1bar is roughly 14-15psi) pressure sensor and pressure sensor harness when you buy this package.

Greddy E-01 E-Manage Programmer
This is a small display screen and handheld remote that you use to make changes in the E-Manage main unit for boost, fuel/air, timing etc..

E-01 Hub
It comes with what I call the E-01 Hub which is where everything ties together:

E-Manage Injector Harness
This is connected to the E-Manage Main unit and basically intercepts the sinals coming out of the ECU for Timing before it gets to the PTU and ultimately the coil packs. With this the E-Manage main unit can retard or advance 20 degrees of timing at any rpmxairflow

E-01 External Signal Harness
This can be used to accept and display signals from many 3rd party devices such as a wideband 02 sensor.

PRofec E-01 Pressure Sensor Harness
This cable runs from the E-01 box to the E-Manage main unit so that you can utilize the 3 bar pressure sensor for the Timing adjustment map instead of the Kharman airflow signal (hz) which is especially useful if you're overrunning the stock MAS.

E-01 Meter Cable
This cable runs from a single Greddy P/H/W gauge to the E-01 box so that you can display/log it's output. I display my EGT's with this. In fact the Greddy gauge comes with a box where this cable plugs in. I removed the gauge and ran the cable from box to box so I no longer have any gauge/pods anymore for a much cleaner look.

The Greddy EGT P/H/W kit .. the black rubber cap is where the signal cable plugs in.

E-01 USB Cable
This is the cable that runs from the E-01 box to the E-Manage main unit so that they can communicate. (yes it's just a USB cable)

Greddy Support Tool
It's just a fancy name for installion software and cable to connect a laptop to the E-Manage main unit. With this you can update the firmware of the E-01 and E-Manage and of course make changes in the E-Manage maps and settings.

Mine Layed out before installation

Installation
The installation is covered in the manual but here are some pics that might help with the wiring.

You have to build the harnesses that go into the E-Manage main unilt..Greddy doesn't do it for you so this should help:

91-93 models wiring at the ECU

from Bret Brinkman:
I cross referenced the service manual for 91-96 model years and listed every thing bellow for future reference.

91-93 model cars

There are 3 connectors you need to be concerned with. All are off the ECU. They are; 26 pin connector (pins 1-26), 22 pin connector (pins 51-72), and a 16 pin connector (pins 101-116). I've broken the wires you need to tap into sections bsed on connectors.

26 pin connector
pin/wire used for/wire color
1/injector#1 ground/green
2/injector#3 ground/green+yellow tracer
3/injector#5 ground/green+black tracer
14/injector#2 ground/yellow+black tracer
15/injector#4 ground/green+red tracer
16/injector#6 ground/green+white tracer
13/cam+crank sensor ground/black
10/transistor coil 1+4 signal/black+blue tracer
11/transistor coil 3+6 signal/brown+red tracer
23/transistor coil 2+5 signal/black+white tracer
25/MAF 5V/black+red tracer
26/ECU ground/black

22 pin connector
64/TPS signal/brown+red tracer
70/MAF signal/blue+yellow

16 pin connector
101/transistor power from ECU/white

94-95

Three connectors off the ECU. 26 pin connector (pins 1-26), 22 pin connector (pins 71-92), and 12 pin connector (pins 51-62).

26 pin connector
exactly the same as 91-93 26 pin connector

22 pin connector
84/TPS signal/brown+red tracer
90/MAF signal/blue+yellow

12 pin connector
58/transistor power from ECU/white

96-??

Not sure if they changed the wires and connectors after 96. My manual only went up to 96. I'd be surprised if they did though. Double check the appropreate year service manual to be sure so you damage any of your engine sensors/ECU/E-manage or anything else for that matter.

Three connector off the ECU. 26 pin connector (pins 1-26), 22 pin connector (pins 71-92), and 12 pin connector (pins 51-62).

22 pin connector
same as 91-95 22 pin connector

22 pin connector
same as 94-95 pin connector

12 pin connector
51/transistor power from ECU/white

If there is any mix up or if any one has any more questions about which wire is what just let me.
from one of Antero's posts
Maybe these pictures will help ya out. Wiring ignition diagram simplified.

===== Picture of how the plug should be wired.

===== Picture of what it looks like in real life.

===== An overview of how the emanage and the igition wires should be installed on a 91-93 stealth/3000GT.

===== This is the last page of the animated gif so you can print it out if you needed.

More great info .. thanks Antero! :) added 11/6/04
antero said:
Here's a pic of installing the injector wire harness. Note, I didn't buy an injector wire harness so the color of my wires will differ from the real kit. I used six unused wires from the ignition wire harness kit to build mine. The 7th wire I borrowed from a friend, to complete it. The main emanage harness has unused wires too, but I couldn't remove any.

A great installation location. At the time of the photo, a basic emanage setup.

A closeup of where my wires pass through.

Fast Eddie found a few links for us.. thanks !
Fast Eddie said:
One more contribution :)
Here is the entire E-manage manual Online:
http://www.jrponline.com/downloads/installs/ema_inst.pdf
Support tool manual:
http://www.jrponline.com/downloads/installs/ema_soft.pdf
Nitron pointed out Mohd's website.. it has a lot of information there as well and it happens to be where I bought my Greddy gear.. thanks Nitron ;)

Nitron said:

more info from Antero - Thanks
antero said:
A couple months ago I made a webpage on Emanage for a school project. I just looked in my directory and found a pic that's useful. These are the rotorary switch settings for use on our cars.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
WOW I am book marking this thread, i hope jeremy sees this and puts it in the 3/s Encyclopedia. This is too great of a thread to get burried in the AWD section. Props to Mellon, I will definatly be using this thread when i buy my e-mange!

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Here's a pic of installing the injector wire harness. Note, I didn't buy an injector wire harness so the color of my wires will differ from the real kit. I used six unused wires from the ignition wire harness kit to build mine. The 7th wire I borrowed from a friend, to complete it. The main emanage harness has unused wires too, but I couldn't remove any.

A great installation location. At the time of the photo, a basic emanage setup.

A closeup of where my wires pass through.

·
25 Spline Snapper
2,301 Posts
One of the best threads I've seen! :bigok:

·
Team ***** #001
4,021 Posts
A little confused. So you can use the injector harness or the pressure sensor harness to control timing????? Am I reading this wrong. I plan on getting a full e-manage setup in the next few week, so if someone could chime in I'd appreciate it.

Melon,

what version of the maf-t chip are you running?? Just wondering.
~Jeremy

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stealthvader said:
A little confused. So you can use the injector harness or the pressure sensor harness to control timing????? Am I reading this wrong. I plan on getting a full e-manage setup in the next few week, so if someone could chime in I'd appreciate it.

Melon,

what version of the maf-t chip are you running?? Just wondering.
~Jeremy
I believe it's 1.3 if I'm not mistaken.. the car's in the shop right now so I can't verify but I'm pretty sure. I've never updated it since I bought it. It's the LS6 Delfi

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for posting Antero.. I'm going to grab your stuff and incorporate it into the first post to keep it all together. there's nothing worse than having to sift through 25 pages of someone thread to get to the meat of it.

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ToxinR/T said:
Nice post, this belongs in the how-to section. Where is the Emanage box in that pic, glovebox?
yes

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Go Mountaineers!!
13,288 Posts
Sweet, we needed a DEFINITIVE e-manage thread. Mellon and antero deliver. Thanks guys!!

Oh, I might have a few pics to contribute also but you guys have it covered pretty well. :)

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Oxygen955 said:
besides allow you to run additional injectors, what does the injector harness do?
The injector harness extends the duty cycle of your injectors directly and also bypasses the ECU completely. It can only extend , not shorten the duty cycle, so that means you can only add fuel.

Possible uses for injector harness:
o Tune your fuel map based off of engine load (Pressure sensor) instead of TPS
o Eliminate fuel cut
o Eliminate MAF overrun
o Datalog your duty cycle and see what your injectors are really doing.

The first three options can only be done if you have a pressure sensor. The pressure sensor can come from either two places. Either a dedicated greddy pressure sensor, or share the E01 pressure sensor.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
stealthvader said:
A little confused. So you can use the injector harness or the pressure sensor harness to control timing?????
Neither will control timing. You need the timing harness to control timing, as it comes with a plug and 12 wires. We only need six wires to control timing.

The remaining six wires can be used to build your own injector harness. That's what I did to save myself $32. Only problem is, we need seven wires to build a custom injector harness. There's a seperate ground for the injectors, so that's where the 7th wire goes to. If you have any Talon/Eclipse friends, bug them for a wire. As they will have three unused wires remaining after they build their custom injector harness.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Do you need the pressure sensor or is that if you want to convert it to MAP?

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
flatlinstealth said:
Do you need the pressure sensor or is that if you want to convert it to MAP?
The pressure sensor is required if you wanna do the any of the following:
o adjust timing by MAP instead of Karman Hz.
o add more fuel by MAP
o overcome MAF inability to read any more air flow (often a MAF overrun).
o avoid fuel cut
o datalog your boost or vacuum

Convert to MAP? You still need your stock MAF. The pressure sensor supplements, but does not replace. Too bad greddy doesn't give us that option since all the hardware is there.

1 - 20 of 557 Posts