Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Always Learning
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to create this thread so we can share ideas, tips, and to have a place to talk about Canon's.

I just pickup up a Canon EOS Rebel T2i which came with the EF-S 18-55mm IS lens and I also purchased a EF-S 55-250MM IS Telephoto Lens. My plans are to take some pictures of the Space Shuttle hopefully on the 29th :).

I am a complete newbie and still learning all the features. Any suggestions and insights are definitely welcome.

-Mike

·
Always Learning
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are some of the first shots I took when learning the camera. I have read the instruction manual but starting to understand the different features is what I am trying to gain.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
I realize there isnt much traffic in this thread, but doesnt mean some of us wont get around to it. There are hot and cold cycles in this area lately. Hang in there and keep posting. This is a good thread that you can come back to in time an gauge your growth. Think of it as your own personal Journal.

·
Verified Eagle Scout
1,653 Posts
the T2i/550D is a wonderful camera.

I personally use a 28-135mm IS lens as my walk-around lens and it does great! If you know anyone local that has a higher quality lens try it out sometime :) the kit lens is OK but I would definitely suggest upgrading it =]

·
Always Learning
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The two lens' I purchased have worked great for what I need to use it for. For close ups I can use both but to get a close, overall, shot I use my standard lens. The zoom on my new lens is awesome! BTW, I am still learning how to shoot in raw format...ah so much to learn!

Great quality cameras are awesome!

·
Always Learning
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realize there isnt much traffic in this thread, but doesnt mean some of us wont get around to it. There are hot and cold cycles in this area lately. Hang in there and keep posting. This is a good thread that you can come back to in time an gauge your growth. Think of it as your own personal Journal.
Thanks chargerx3 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts