Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,652 Posts
You do realise if you use the debonair engine the heads are 100% identical right? All part numbers inc cams correspond with 6G72 part numbers. There's ZERO point in doing this.
TT heads are different which is what he has.

· Registered
3,322 Posts
You do realise if you use the debonair engine the heads are 100% identical right? All part numbers inc cams correspond with 6G72 part numbers. There's ZERO point in doing this.
actually there is a point my heads are fully built with best parts and ported and polished..........and i bought my 6g74 without heads, AND its tt.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,652 Posts
Ahh. Well, might be a gain? bit of unchartered territory there.
Not uncharted at all. TT and NA heads are interchangeable and has been done before on 72s and 74s.

· Registered
8,483 Posts
The montero i believe your heads will fit on it. As far as the accessories i think its the same man, except that ac im not sure i can take pics of my 6g74 and show you? Im just putting the stuff on from my 3.0l but i havent put the alternator on yet im waiting on a few things.
If it's not an issue, pics would be great. Not a huge deal though.

I guess my questin is if the parts that you can order from Japan(all the brackets, etc) will bolt up to the Montero block, or if I'm bette roff to just wait for the right engine with everything installed already

· 4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Also, they didn't sell the debonair here. So a easily sourced montero block, and a set of 3s heads we all have, is much easier to do.
Yep, they never sold it in Aus aswell. JDM car only. I honestly do not know the ins and outs of the Montero block and I won't comment on it.

On this topic, my 3.5L with cams is still bucking and jerking like a fucking CUNT. Even if I flash on a 3L TT ROM, disable the extra peripheries and turn off EGR and the CEL's, input my upped idle table, 240cc injector size and 240cc battery latency tables it STILLLLLL bucks and jerks like a prick.
I'm going nuts, surely this can't be caused by the cams.

· Registered
3,322 Posts
Yep, they never sold it in Aus aswell. JDM car only. I honestly do not know the ins and outs of the Montero block and I won't comment on it.

On this topic, my 3.5L with cams is still bucking and jerking like a fucking CUNT. Even if I flash on a 3L TT ROM, disable the extra peripheries and turn off EGR and the CEL's, input my upped idle table, 240cc injector size and 240cc battery latency tables it STILLLLLL bucks and jerks like a prick.
I'm going nuts, surely this can't be caused by the cams.
AEM computer?

· 4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
AEM computer?
Chrome! This was running the stock TT ROM, peripheries disabled as this is a 1G engine loom (2G engine being a 3.5L) CEL's disabled, and injectors inputted to 240cc and appropriate battery latency's inputted aswell.
Managed to stump one of the best tuners in Aus with this. He started tuning this car over 8 months ago.

· Registered
3,322 Posts
Dude does that chrome compensate for the different injector dead times and theres a thing for the injector voltages, with each different injector you use.

I think you need a aem man, fuck chrome lol......

· 4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Dude does that chrome compensate for the different injector dead times and theres a thing for the injector voltages, with each different injector you use.

I think you need a aem man, fuck chrome lol......
Of course it does! There's about 15 different tables just dedicated to injectors. It's an NA motor why would I spent $2000 on an ECU when Chrome does it all?

I wouldn't go slagging off chrome. The whole Stock Re-flashable ECU thing is one of the best things to happen in recent years to the 3/S platform.
I'll take my issues elsewhere anyway sorry for putting in this thread.

· 4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
A note to anyone running 3L Adjustable cam gears.

YOU NEED TO SET THEM 4 DEGREES RETARDED! NOT ADVANCED, or else, if you're a fucking moron like me, you'll have years upon years of drive-ability issues. Now they are set 4 degree's back (total of 8ish degrees change from where they were) holy fuck has thing picked up some power and torque! Shit me. I don't remember the car pulling this fucking hard!!

note to self - I am an idiot.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,652 Posts
You should actually degree them with a degree wheel, solid lifter and dial indicator. No guessing then because your cam timing will be set for your specific setup.

It's actually not hard to do and Webcam has an awesome calculator on their website that takes care of all of the math. You can use their calculator for any cam.

· 4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Are the lower oil pans the same for the 3.5l in all of the 6g74s? I ask because I have a pajero swap and the lower oil pan is bad. All I can find for the 6g74 oil pans are for a 3.5 SOHC montero sport.
Hi Mate. No they are not.
You will need the Debonair specific pan.
Engine Oil Pan Lower MD192397 29.82 USD
Engine Oil Pan Upper MD190219 148.68 USD

81 - 100 of 131 Posts