Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my car down to Iowa this past weekend to have Thanksgiving. When I got there I was surprised to see 2 grand nationals parked in my grandparent's driveway. :eek: It was one of my distant relatives, he owns 2, I really love those cars. I love the looks of them, kind of reminds me of a late 70's malibu. I never realized how fast they were, man we went for a fun ride. He wanted to race me in my lil ole SL but I politely refused. :) We both know what the out come would have been.

The funny part is there was another one parked across the street.
3 Grand Nationals on one block, Nice! :D

V

·
0 Posts
What's the stats on Grand National?I'm blind....;)
Well,I guess I have to do a little research:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stats.

I am not sure of exact stats, it changed w/ different years, he had a 86, which he said was the fastest year they made them. The other one I don't remember what it was.

Tell me if I am wrong, but he said they had some sort of speed record, such as the fastest 0-60 times for a stock american production car on stock wheels @ 4.7 seconds. I guess it depeneds on if ya call the viper a production car. :confused:

·
Sport Leisure
1,110 Posts
Re: stats.

90plx said:
I am not sure of exact stats, it changed w/ different years, he had a 86, which he said was the fastest year they made them. The other one I don't remember what it was.

Tell me if I am wrong, but he said they had some sort of speed record, such as the fastest 0-60 times for a stock american production car on stock wheels @ 4.7 seconds. I guess it depeneds on if ya call the viper a production car. :confused:
that sounds about right.. 4.7 or 4.8 sec.. and thats with an auto tranny! how did they do it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts