Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i replaced my old struts with TEIN HAs - really a piece of cake once you realize that you don't need a spring compressor. anyway, now i need to get my car aligned and i need the specs for a 1" lowered car. i went to firestone before i lowered the car and they said that they could do it - then i go back after i lower the car and they say that they won't touch it. go figure. anyway, i have a thousand mile trip that i have to do on wednesday and i need my wheels aligned before then. so if anyone has done this, let me know - and let me know how low i can lower the car without the front struts bottoming out.
Matt

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p.s.
i have heard that tightening the bolt on the top of the front struts is difficult. tighten it by hand until the top of the strup turns, put the strut in, put the wheel back on, put the car back on the ground, take one of the spanner wrenches and use it on the upper spring mount to keep the strut piston from turning then just tighten away.
Matt

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
i had someone translate the TEIN manual to engrish. Problem is that i havent received it via fax yet.

call me at 602.971.6252, i can put a rush on it.

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you could get it today and if it has the alignement specs on it, that would be awesome - i'll call you a bit later about it, though. thanks
Matt

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
well my house, and my office are down. not sure if i can comply with your request.

try manny at GT pro. He might help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts