Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No more VR4!
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've thought for a while that I wanted to get the TEC Performance front strut tower brace. I'd even gone out and bought the Optima battery when my old one quit to make sure I'd be set up for it. So September 1 I decided to go ahead and buy one. Go on the website, buy, pay with PayPal.

A week goes by and no response. Turns out Chris was out of town traveling (with no out of office reply on his eMail or apparently means to respond on his iPhone. This was the first sign to me that I was going to be unimpressed with the timeframe it would take me to get the bar. One delay after another with continuous promises it would be ready in a couple of days, and by the time I got the thing I had been waiting a full month for it. I was so fed up that I was about to just tell him to forget it and refund my money. Chris is easy to deal with when you can get ahold of him and I understand he does this on the side, but I wasn't impressed with waiting a month. If the website had something saying as such, I wouldn't have minded. As it was, I went into the purchase without an understanding of how long I'd be waiting.

Well, once I got the bar I'd say it was worth the wait. It really is as nice as advertised, and I think without a doubt it's the best option. Although the improvement in the car's handling is subtle, it absolutely is there. The biggest thing I notice is the improved steering response, which I'm very happy with.

Overall, I have mixed feelings over this. The 3S world is one where I've noticed a disturbing number of vendors have good customer service. IPS was never on time. 3SX is great and gets almost 100% of my business because of it. Since there are relatively few of us, we don't have a lot of competition. I'm a small business owner so I understand the challenges, but I wish we were able to order things and get them in a timely manner from the specialty shops. Many of us still use these cars as daily drivers (like me), and have limited time frames to work on our cars. Obviously the bar is easy to install.

So the summary is, if you're thinking about the bar, absolutely buy it. It's the best. Just understand it may be slow to get. I wish someone had told me that before I hit "buy."

The experience has left me wondering whether or not I'll buy the rear one...

IMG_00000055.jpg

·
ATL
7,617 Posts
It is a very nice piece, I wish I could sell the one I have lol

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
What about the 3 point cianci? I love mine, but had to notch out my fiberglass hood.

·
No more VR4!
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought I'd give an update having had the bar for 8k miles or so.

When I don't have it on the car, I notice a huge difference and want it back on. It really is a great unit.

I am noticing fretting occurring under the bolt mounts, which I find interesting. It's tightened enough, probably just a function of the aluminum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts