Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Interesting, well that solidifies the fact of only needing front manifolds. None the less I would still be interested in what you would be able to come up with for front manifolds.

Curious if having front tubular manifolds and stock rear manifolds will have some kind of an 'Off balance' in flow?
It already has off balance flow from the factory. The rear is closer to equal runner flow. The front is a log style without equal flow. The engine and turbos don’t care though since the biggest exhaust restriction is in the turbine wheel itself. It isn’t like a N/A motor.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If you're wanting to run speed density on your flashable ecu with Chrome, there is the capability of doing that now albeit pretty expensive at $525. http://chromedecu.org/?product=3s-speed-density-translator. I'm doing some testing on my car with it and seeing how it compares for tuning vs the ARC-2+Chrome or MAFT+Chrome options.

If you have a tuner that knows AEM well, I would go that option since the standalones have failsafes Chrome doesn't have provided the tuner sets them up.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Speed density is working really great on Chrome and was super easy to tune much better than any other MAF upgrade(better translation). I’m working through some ignition issues at the moment. I have plenty of intakes in stock.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I can’t wait to get SD and go MaFless with these pipes just saving up
Are you going SD on Chrome? The only con for me was price since the SDT device isn’t cheap and I wish it was around $300 since that’s what a GM MAF/MAFT setup costs but even factoring that in I would buy it again. It really was simple to tune and dial in probably in part due to the well done translation.

·
Registered
1995 VR4 Spyder #160 produced in Japan 🇯🇵
116 Posts
My understanding is you would need both.

Speed density to go MAF less and then chrome to run different maps injector sizes and so forth.

I have a GM Maf set up on the counter I just don’t want to install it I think it looks ugly.

I figured for $1100 it’s not a bad set up at all and it’s way easier to use than aem v2from everyone that I talk to.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My understanding is you would need both.

Speed density to go MAF less and then chrome to run different maps injector sizes and so forth.

I have a GM Maf set up on the counter I just don’t want to install it I think it looks ugly.

I figured for $1100 it’s not a bad set up at all and it’s way easier to use than aem v2from everyone that I talk to.
You’ll need Chrome on a flashed ecu and the Ashspec SDT hardware add-on to run speed density. The only thing you can’t and won’t ever be able to do with Chrome is run true flex fuel with blendable fuel and ignition timing maps. You can have an E85 and 93 map for Chrome. Just carry around a windows tablet or laptop and switch maps when you go to switch fuel. A standalone is the only other option to run speed density and it will also handle flex fuel. I wouldn’t recommend a standalone unless you’re going bigger than TD04 turbos.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Running 20T 9 blade td04 550injectors Hotwire with the above mentioned with chrome etc and then your pipes
You’re good to go then. If you ever want to switch to e85 consider some 1000-1200cc injectors. That’s what I’m on with my 20Ts.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm currently waiting for my supplier to bend some material again since they seem to be short on a lot of different bends but hopefully they'll get caught back up soon. I've got two sets of each TD04 and TD05 intakes in stock right now but unsure how long they'll last.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just bumping this up to the top to get an idea if there’s any current people ready to buy some TD04 intakes as I just sold the last set today. I’ll order more material regardless just want to check and see if it should be more than a few sets worth.

·
Registered
92 stealth rt/tt. Mainly stock. Mbc. Wideband. Boost guage. Forge bpv.
52 Posts
Whata the cost on these again? Is it just the 2 intake pipes? Filters? And then ill need some sort of speed density setup as well?
Already have a chrome ecu. 660 inj. And have some kinugawa td04-hl 20ts going in also an arc2 installed atm. Could pull that thought too...
Else how would you setup the gm maf for blow through?

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Whata the cost on these again? Is it just the 2 intake pipes? Filters? And then ill need some sort of speed density setup as well?
Already have a chrome ecu. 660 inj. And have some kinugawa td04-hl 20ts going in also an arc2 installed atm. Could pull that thought too...
Else how would you setup the gm maf for blow through?
$200 shipped. It's the front and rear intake pipes only. If you have anti-surge 20Ts, then you'll need 2.5" straight couplers. If they're the non anti-surge compressor covers, then you'll need some 2.5" to 2.25" reducer straight couplers with clamps. The AEM 21-2011DK filters work very well for this setup. I think they're around $110 for the set.

If you went speed density on Chrome, it would be a little expensive but the SDT is what you would need. Chromedecu.org | 3S Speed-Density-Translator. You can go blow-thru for much cheaper and realistically the live tuning of the ARC-2 is nice to keep. You'd need to relocate the maf sensor in your intercooler pipe going to the throttle body. The aluminum 3" GM MAF works well with a MAFT to do the translating. The other option is you can run the ARC-2 in blow-thru. I don't remember which Ford MAF size/sensor style you have but I can weld one of these maf adapters onto your intercooler piping so you can drop the Ford maf sensor right into it. 2.75 OD MAF Mass Air Flow weld on adapter flange for Ford Mustang Cobra F150 | eBay. That would eliminate cutting out a straight section and running two extra couplers for a "maf tube" that you bolt in. I should have pictures in the first post of a blow-thru setup but if not here's a picture running the GM MAF sensor in the intercooler pipe.

·
Registered
92 stealth rt/tt. Mainly stock. Mbc. Wideband. Boost guage. Forge bpv.
52 Posts
Benefits to bloe through vs pull? And yes i have the 20t anti surges.
Really just trying ti figure out best option

21 - 40 of 46 Posts