Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
One fix at a time
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New mafless speed density or blow-thru turbo intakes. You will need to run a GM MAF in blow-thru or speed density on a standalone computer. Chrome speed density hardware release ($400-450 est.) any day now by Jester. TD04 and TD05 sets available $200 shipped each. Details below.

These are aluminum 2.5" all the way through, tig welded, bead-rolled, and ready to go. The piping is not finished polished but you can easily finish sanding and polishing them. TD04 sets come with F&R intake pipes so you'll need silicone coupler reducers, clamps, and filters.

TD05 sets come with F&R intake pipes, couplers due to the front design utilizing a bending 2.5" to 2.25" reducer, and clamps. You'll need filters. These commonly fit 16G TD05 turbo kits.

Either set will work with AEM 21-2011DK air filters or anything with a max base size of 5.5". Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_2320.JPG IMG_2379.JPG IMG_0345.JPEG IMG_0346.JPEG IMG_0347.JPEG

·
One fix at a time
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Takes awhile to find some old posts but I have multiple sets available in case anyone is looking.

·
One fix at a time
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stimulus bump. I just sold out of TD05 intakes but have enough material in stock to make one more set. I have multiple sets of TD04s boxed up and ready to go. I will order more material as needed. I don't post up on here very often but feel free to reply here or message me as I'll get e-mail notifications for both.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Are you planning on making these for the foreseeable future, or is it a "one and done" kinda deal?

·
One fix at a time
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are you planning on making these for the foreseeable future, or is it a "one and done" kinda deal?
I've made the TD04s continuously for over 2 years and TD05s close to 6 months. I don't plan to stop unless my job temporarily relocates me cross country for a few months at a time. So far under covid that won't be an issue. I'm more active on the FB groups for sales. I should also have some T3 turbo intakes available soon since I need to build a set for my DR kit anyways as well as another T3 owner going to GTX2867s.

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,114 Posts
Very interested but need to solve the other half of the puzzle. What would you recommend for GM MAF blow thru pipes? Just modify my alum y pipe or try and find a Dejon set?

·
One fix at a time
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very interested but need to solve the other half of the puzzle. What would you recommend for GM MAF blow thru pipes? Just modify my alum y pipe or try and find a Dejon set?
Probably modify your y-pipe. I have seen some Dejon setups pop up and there may still be the Y portion of one available for $110. I don’t recall if it sold. You’d just need a 90 bend cut down.

If you did have a running car right now to try a setup out I would be curious how a slot style MAF would work. I talked to TurboBob quite awhile ago and he said the newer LS3 slot/card style MAFs would work with the MAFT. I think some of the settings would be a trial and error type thing. Personally, I don’t like blow-thru on our cars because you can’t get non turbulent laminar straight flow 8-12” anywhere on our intercooler system so it does make it harder to tune. I am curious how installing a slot MAF into an aluminum pipe would work. I do have a MAFT right now, a 2.75” pipe already with the slot maf installed, and I could see how well it works

What filters are you running and can you tell me what silicone pipe size and bend ? Looks perfect
I think he went with some K&Ns. A few people have but I don’t recall part numbers. If you have the ability to weld aluminum with 5 90 mandrel bends you could make yourself a set. You just need straight turbo coupler reducers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great and will order from you. I’m doing a blow through I love this look and sound.. hear mixed reviews but I’m not after monster power .

·
One fix at a time
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great and will order from you. I’m doing a blow through I love this look and sound.. hear mixed reviews but I’m not after monster power .
I’ve got a local I’m working with that is on a GM MAFT draw thru setup. I may be able to do some testing on slot card MAF style aluminum y-pipe on his car and see what we come up with but he has been chasing lots of other bugs on his car. Just let me know whenever you’re ready for a turbo intake set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts