Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Money pit owner.
2,545 Posts
Steve, welcome to the quality of the garbage clickbait content he (and many others) create, only sticking to common stigmas, and making semi ignorant comments about things just because that's what the internet will react too.

Am I the only one here hoping it spins a bearing from the dent in the oil pan though? Sadly it does not look severe enough however...
the jb weld or expoxy, or whatever the frick he used, easily smoothed out the dent. problem solved. he's ready to proceed to starting line of the rally race.

·
Money pit owner.
2,545 Posts
didn't quite make it to the race.

·
Registered
608 Posts
In their defense, they are general car guys and I bet you anything they know more about a exotics than anyone on this forum. You can know everything in the world about a 3000gt or stealth, wrench on it and diagnose it easily compared to others, but go buy a c5 z06 and you are in a land of "I dont know". I do think its crap that these youtube channels have their own mechanics. Almost like a deal with them, I watched hoovies garage and the bmw m5, He just takes it to the car wizard to fix and trys to make money?! In his defense hes always saying hes an idiot though...so yea. Half of the "car wizards" garage is Hoovies cars, and that dude still takes him to the cleaners lol. I am a GM fbody guy, I forgot a ton about the 3/S cars in the last few years....so like you literally need to study these cars to remember whats normal, what isnt, how to fix, how to test.

Using the factory boost gauge though...thats no no #1 that everyone learns lol.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
eh, I stomached through a few other random videos of his - not impressed at all - ultimately seems like the average internet automotive fanboy who got a little money in his pocket, and only knows what he learned through instagram, and poorly educated clickbait generating youtubers...He spent a good amount of time clickbaiting his Supra around the internet that is a NA Supra which made a Whopping 120whp on a dyno...

as far as knowing more about the exotics, I don't really think he knows much of anything, outside of what he reads on the internet and others content that he steals to publicize in his own.

Speaking from my own experiences, its all pretty relative, There is a larger difference in Era, then there is brand and Exotic versus Common, especially with Modern cars. if you know how to work on a 3000GT, you can work on just about anything, especially if it was build between 1985, and 2005.

The only cars that are a real challenge, is Audi and VW products, because they are extremely over-engineered, but then very cheaply made, and absolutely do not stand up to the test of time - There is very small common ground with their cars from roughly 2004 to 2015 despite them being pretty much all GA vehicles. Oddly enough the only Audi that made a reasonable amount of sense to me while working on it was the R8's, and the absolute worst of their vehicles to work on was entry/base models.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts