Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a camaro on my way home tonight and thought i'd pass my turn and chase it. i was a couple cars back but as luck would have it, i made it next to him just in time for a red light. i looked over and almost gave up. it was a 30+ guy in an old RS camaro. bummer. the light turns green and i go, not much faster than normal driving. i see his car pass me doing a nose-up from acceleration. i gave him what little was left of first and managed to stay with his door. i SLAMMED second and almost ran off the road from the power (not vr4 style power mind you, but i slid sideways with the wheel straight and got a nice AWD chirp).
he was so far back at the end of second it wasnt even funny. in fact, i feel bad for the guy having to drive something that ugly and not even have it be civic-fast. anyway, as we pulled up to the next light, he came in behind me and stayed there untill i turned around. i'd have loved to put a 5k launch on him, but at least he knows when he's beat.

later guys

Chris

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice kill. He probably won't ever think he's car fast again. What year RS was it. Either way they're all slow if stock.

·
aint scared of no snake
259 Posts
wow that's impresive! I didnt know the 16g put out that much power. I just bought me a first gen talon turbo as a beater car. only thing i hate about it is that it is the front wheel drive version! it willspin the tires in 1st while the car is moving once the turbo hits in, 2nd i still get the spin a sec or two. Anyways i went to dsmtrader.com and ended up geting a 20g Tdo6 turbo.(on the way)i also got an extream boost controler and down pipe off ebay . i m starting to think the the 20 g will be to big for the fwd, on take offs and possibily even lower speeds. what should i do? sell it and get the awd or can the fwd handle it? thanks dave

P.S. where can i get a air intake for this car? all the ones on ebay are for 95 and up.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, lets start from the begining. the 20G is fine, but you'll need a light foot in first and second. plus, youll definately need fuel upgrades. im running pretty close to the edge myself but im afraid that a 20g would start melting things without enough fuel.
be careful with that downpipe, make sure you get your O2 houseing ported so you dont get boost creep.
as far as spin goes, either get some good front rubber and big 18 in. wheels or get an auto boost controller like they sell at road race engineering. it has a high and low setting and a button that you can mount on your steering wheel to toggle it. all you have to do is punch for an extra 5 psi or so once your out of first/second.
as far as air intake goes, the best thing you can do it get a K&N and then hack up the air box a bit. certain places also sell a pipe that will go to the turbo.

ohh, and as for the 16G putting out that much power, i hope you meant the sideways slide from the power and not me beating the camaro. RS's are really slow. up against a new civic EX, i'd be in doubt as to who to put money on.

hope this helps, and as for AWD vs FWD. both are fun, but some people just love AWD launching and good traction in snow/rain.

up to you, but FWD is just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts