Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muahahhaha... spoken like true losers~

--------------------------------

WASHINGTON/KABUL (Reuters) - Both the United States and the Taliban invoked history on Monday in their war rhetoric -- Washington to defend fighting during Ramadan and the Afghan rulers to show why the superpower would retreat in defeat.

As U.S. warplanes pounded Taliban and al Qaeda targets for a 30th day, Voice of America radio broadcast a government statement saying Muslims had themselves often waged war during their holy month, starting in the seventh century.

Washington said Ramadan, which begins in two weeks, would not force a suspension of the war it launched on Oct. 7 to crush the al Qaeda network it blames for the Sept. 11 attacks that killed about 4,800 people in America.

``As this year's observance of Ramadan approaches, the U.S. and other countries, including Muslim countries, are concerned about further terrorist attacks,'' said the statement on VOA, broadcast in 53 languages including the main Afghan ones.

``The coalition has no choice but to go to the source of the terrorism in Afghanistan (news - web sites) and to root out terrorist groups elsewhere,'' it said. ``As President Bush (news - web sites) put it, 'the enemy won't rest during Ramadan, and neither will we.'''

In Kabul, the Taliban's top spokesman, Education Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi told a news conference the movement did not expect Washington to suspend hostilities for Ramadan.

``We have no expectation of any sympathy or humanitarian sense from America,'' he said.

Muttaqi said the war would be long but invoked recent history to predict ultimate disaster for the United States.

U.S. WARNED OF ``FIASCO''

``This power that the world calls a mighty force will face fiasco. They need to consult the Russians and the British about their defeats here,'' Muttaqi said, referring to the Afghan massacre of British colonial troops in the 19th century and the humiliation of the Soviet army in their 1979-89 occupation.

He challenged the United States, which has conducted the war from the air except for one known hit-and-run ground raid by paratroopers last month, to send in combat troops.

``If they have the strength and if their soldiers are not men used to a soft life, why are they not fighting face-to-face?'' he asked.

Pentagon (news - web sites) spokesman Rear Adm. John Stufflebeem signaled the Taliban would get their wish to take on American troops at close quarters. ``There are very few of us who believe this will be done solely by air power,'' he told reporters.

Stufflebeem said U.S. military teams were checking airfields in Tajikistan and other countries in the region to see if they could serve as bases for increasing air strikes.

Strikes launched from nearby land bases would achieve more than the raids now being carried out from Navy carriers and by long-range bombers, he said.

Rockets fired from U.S. aircraft struck a hotel and vehicle used by Taliban fighters in Kabul on Monday, littering the street with wreckage and body parts.

The sound of helicopters was heard before the rockets slammed into the hotel just before dawn, which would mark a change in U.S. tactics from using high-flying jets in the campaign.

Sunday's sorties struck in five planned target areas, including cave and tunnel complexes and front-line Taliban forces arrayed against the local opposition, Stufflebeem said.

Photos

Reuters Photo

He said increasingly heavy strikes by U.S. bombers and other warplanes on Taliban positions around the northern key crossroads city Mazar-i-Sharif and the capital Kabul were ''preparing the battlefield'' for when opposition Northern Alliance forces launch offensives to capture those cities.

Stufflebeem said the U.S. military had only anecdotal evidence that its bombing campaign was weakening Taliban protection of Kabul and Mazar-i-Sharif, but had seen no Taliban response to opposition fire for ``a matter of days.''

TALIBAN 'HUNKERED DOWN'?

``My guess is that would be because they're either hunkered down and aren't coming out ... or they're not able to fire,'' he said. ``So I think that's a very positive sign.''

The United States bolstered its efforts in the diplomatic arena by appointing a seasoned envoy, Ambassador James Dobbins, as its representative to the Afghan opposition and calling in retired ambassador Christopher Ross to put the U.S. point of view in Arabic to television audiences in the Middle East.

The State Department has given Ross the title of special adviser as part of attempts to persuade Arabs and Muslims that bombing Afghanistan is a legitimate response to the Sept. 11 attacks in which hijacked aircraft were rammed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Dobbins would ``continue our work with the Afghan opposition groups, the Afghan parties, to try to help them form a future government for Afghanistan''.

President Bush himself joined the offensive to shore up support for the U.S. offensive, which has been criticized particularly in Muslim countries for taking too high a toll on civilians.

Bush held talks in the Oval Office with President Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria on Monday and will meet leaders from Kuwait and Morocco later this week.

The White House expressed new optimism about efforts to contain the spread of anthrax even as additional spores were found at a Pentagon post office.

ANTHRAX THREAT SEEN EASING

White House spokesman Ari Fleischer (news - web sites) said it was a positive sign that no new infections were reported over the weekend and that several suspected anthrax cases turned out to be false alarms.

The U.S. statement on continuing the war during Ramadan touched on the Soviet humiliation in Afghanistan, citing the mujahideen anti-occupation fight as one of the wars from history that had not paused for the fasting month.

``In truth, the U.S. is far from alone in realizing that there can be no pause when fighting for survival,'' it said.

``During Ramadan in the year 624, the Muslim Prophet Mohammed was victorious in the Battle of Badr. Mohammed also began a campaign to reclaim the holy city of Mecca during Ramadan,'' it added.

It said Muslims had often fought wars during the fasting month or on days sacred to other faiths. This included a surprise attack launched by Egypt and Syria against Israel on Oct. 6, 1973, the Jewish Yom Kippur holiday.

Voice of America boasts an audience of 80 percent of adult males in Afghanistan, where television is outlawed under the Taliban leadership's extreme interpretation of Islam.

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
Give them no quarter.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I think our guys should keep bombing from a distance. Most of our soldiers are guys like you and me with some combat training. I wouldn't be so positive they could out-fight hardened career soldiers over there. We should dress everyone up like Rambo to scare them! Seriously, the less people we kill of our own the better. Just bomb them till there is just a crater.

Sam

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Yup - losers grasping at straws. I only hope they start fire bombing the caves to burn the bastards out. It should be painful as possible.

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
A fellow student was recently called to training in Texas where he'll train for 2 years in ground-tactics before being sent to Afghanistan (or wherever they might be needed in 2 years). We might have some combat training, but I'd imagine the guys in charge know that the people we'll be fighting have known nothing BUT conflict, so they have long-term training/experience..whatever you wanna call it...keep bombing them from afar until we get our regulars (no offense) prepped and ready for a ground war.
And here's hoping it won't come to that...here's hoping all this bullshit that is terrorism and conflict will end soon.

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
wraith said:
I think our guys should keep bombing from a distance. Most of our soldiers are guys like you and me with some combat training. I wouldn't be so positive they could out-fight hardened career soldiers over there.
Sam
No offense Wraith, but I have to 100% disagree with that statement. Maybe that is true with the reservists...but reservists won't have that job...it will be Rangers....and they are NOTHING like you and me BEFORE their training. I don't know if you are aware at just how intense that training is. Now granted they have the TERRAIN to their advantage...but that's about it. The real issue is when you have nothing...you have nothing to loose...and that is what we are dealing with. I love it....they commit a cowardly act of universal proportions and now they want us to "fight like a man". IMO....FUCK YOU! You had your chance......twice as I recall. We just want Laden (for now)....and this shit can end tomorrow. I personally think it's time we gave them a "live" performance of "Trinity and Beyond"!

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Believe me, Rangers and Sappers don't want to fight any more than we do. They're just normal guys. If and when we send in ground troops, don't picture it like Saving Private Ryan. Close-quarters combat is old news. That's why we have tanks, mortars, and surface-to-surface missiles. I doubt any of our troops will even see any Afghan soldiers.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
Yesterday, a van passed me and got in front of me going slow. I was pissed off.

Then I noticed that there was a sticker on the back of calvin pissing on bin laden.

I laughed.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
UPN 44, a local TV station, released stickers of Bart Simpson with his pants down and ass shining, saying "kiss my ass, Bin Laden".

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
Does the Taliban fight hand to hand? No. They just wait for the USA to drop the soap then ram a couple 757's and Anthrax letters up our asses. Fuck them.

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
Ya know, we're gonna fight this war our own way. But believe me, if it comes to CQB, the Taliban will wish they never fucked with us. "Soldiers used to a soft life" LOL These people really should get out more. Just cause we don't live with goats, doesn't mean that the fighting men they will be seeing aren't hard as rocks. Do they really not understand that the reason some of these bombs are destoying their bases is that there are our men on the ground guiding the strikes?? MORONS! Instead of having their cells here go to titty bars and ride around in sports cars, maybe they should have visited a military base or read a book about the U.S. and our military history. They criticize us for using paratroopers... LOL sounds like a whiney bunch of schoolboys to me.... "You're not playing by our rules" Too bad muthafucka... The fact that they even put our military in the same sentence as Britian or Russia pisses me off as well. Hey, smartguy, we defeated both those countries too! And we are better than them now. Keep talking the talk... We'll soon see if you can walk the walk.

·
UK 98 3000GT TT
550 Posts
Speeyuk said:
And we are better than them now.
Please explain what you mean by this?

Don’t forget we are out there too helping you guys, you talk like it doesn’t matter that we are there and other contrarys are there, pulling together to beet this thing,
What matters are we are acting as one, pulling all together, we are not just UK or US or another country, all of us are one and we will beat this thing. If we didn’t matter then we wouldn’t be needed. But we are.

I tell ya when I saw what happened to you guys i was mad as hell, and was ready to kick some ass!

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
M pro said:

What matters are we are acting as one
Bud, I like you, and I relly didn't mean any true offense by that. But, I didn't see ANYONE out there all gung-ho about rooting out terrorism till the U.S. got involved. There were committies and hearings and blah blah blah. But not until we stepped up and declared war did anyone have the balls to go after anyone.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Taliban r an ignorant bunch of goatfuckers.

Yeah those SEALs, Rangers, GreenBerets, Delta Force, SAS, & French Foch's (Seal in french) r just a soft bunch of pansy girly men. Lets hope the Taliban believe their own propaganda cus when these boys arrive in force the taliban r going to get a very rude wake up call :)

·
UK 98 3000GT TT
550 Posts
Speeyuk said:

Bud, I like you, and I relly didn't mean any true offense by that. But, I didn't see ANYONE out there all gung-ho about rooting out terrorism till the U.S. got involved. There were committies and hearings and blah blah blah. But not until we stepped up and declared war did anyone have the balls to go after anyone.

I agree man it was about time some one did something about this; it’s just ashamed that it took something terrible like this to kick it in the gear.

I tell ya man, me and you on the front line kicking some Taliban ass! :D
We could fit the 3000gts in there somewhere, I’m sure,
We could have the first assault rocket cars ;)

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Drew, I know they wouldn't WANT to do that and I wouldn't want that for them either...however I'm pretty convinced that they would be more than capable of handling themselves in straight hand to hand that was all I was saying. The terrain there gives them an EXTREMELY unfair guerilla advantage. I agree though...why send troops on the ground when we can destroy them from the air. Hell, lets use ROV's instead of F-16's/117's/18's and 15's. Better yet...lets just drop one or two 10 megaton warheads and get this shit overwith now. I don't believe in wasting the money, manpower, and U.S. lives (lost enough of those already). Probably good thing I'm NOT President....my decision would make Truman say "You've got to be kidding". Honestly...what do we hope to accomplish over there with this VERY expensive precision bombing. At this point...getting rid of Bin Laden won't solve ANYTHING....another leader will just rise up in his place. We have only 2 options how I see it......Peace...which is VERY unlikely as these cunts have no demands or conditions nor do they wish to discuss it....or utter annihilation. Going in the middle is just going to waste time, money, and lives (ours....I could care about theirs). If we can find Bin Laden and bring him and the remaining directly responsible to justice...fine (execution in the street..because I'll tell you now, if they put him in prison in THIS country....no jail can keep him safe)..otherwise....just kill as many of them as possible to destroy their desire to make war....that is what the nuclear weapon was designed for....it is a "will weapon". If they are still undeterred by nuclar weapons...then we will have no choice but to level the real estate and export every non-US citizen within our border and make them apply for citizenship before entry. Is that fair to those in this country....NO...do I give a shit.....NO...why, because they are a small number comapared to the US citizens (including Arab/Afgan citizens that are GOOD citizens) and I'm for pissing off a few to please the masses.....or killing a few if it comes to that.

·
Speed is our life-blood
1,838 Posts
countach said:
Taliban r an ignorant bunch of goatfuckers.

Yeah those SEALs, Rangers, GreenBerets, Delta Force, SAS, & French Foch's (Seal in french) r just a soft bunch of pansy girly men. Lets hope the Taliban believe their own propaganda cus when these boys arrive in force the taliban r going to get a very rude wake up call :)

You forgot the Marine Corps and their Recon Team and Special Forces hehehehe...

:D :D :D :D

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Wrathchild,

I am sure our training is top-notch, but when it comes to a war in someone elses turf with guys that have been shedding blood for half their life, I wouldn't bet money a bunch of greenies going in seeing guys heads blown off for the first time. Its totally different then a controlled environment in which they are trained in. People make diffeent decisions when they are faced with true fear and unknown. Its totally different then Vietnam, but its the same mentality. People thought a bunch of 6-foot 200lb Americans would have no problem defeating a bunch of 120-150lb 5 footers with knives in the jungle---didn't happen the way we thought it would and many people died for nothing and no changes. Also, if you told me to bet on an American soldier vs an Arab hand to hand both weoponless, I would have to give it to the American soldier in terms of sheer strength and size. However, look at Wickeddrew and his boxing exploits. Its his intelligence and determination that are winning his fights, not necessarily his boxing training (none?). Sometimes, people with a true conviction fighting for what they think is true can surprise a well trained army. There are many examples of that in history and I wish ours to end quickly and with little guess work.

Sam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts