Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went up to my local races this weekend and discovered some thing rather sad. I have a sohc and was, well.... less than impressed. So this leaves me at a cross roads.

I can either take the high road (or really long road as it would seem) and mod the hell out of it. Like put on the Dual plenum six throttle body intake manifold (which claims a 40-50% hp increase) that I saw in another thread. Along w/ some other bolt ons and inner engine mods. And a little bit of nos. Ill try to massage about 350 ponies if possible.

OR my other option is sell my car which is a 95' base stealth w/ 30,000mi. I bought for $12,000 and buy a 92' stealth TT w/ 120,000+ miles on it for around $5,500.

what do you think would be the better way to go. My only concern would be that modding the R/T TT with so many miles on it would suverely hinder its already failing engine life. Power with reliability is my goal here.

SO, If my shoes were on your feet, what would you do?:confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
my car

Im trying to sell my car in my sig. It only has 51k miles on it and it has a warranty. And if you paid $12k for a base 95 you shouldnt feel bad about spending a little more on a TT.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funds

problem is I dont got much money and I am trying to reduce payments. It was on a $7000 loan.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much??? that and Im in NV. Shipping would be a bitch!

·
Registered
281 Posts
read my post

There is a post about it in Cars for Sale. Its under the title 94 Pearl Yellow R/T TT. As for shipping...it wont be as bad as you think. I will help out as much as I can on shipping.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can deffinetly say thats a sweat car ( the yellow reminds me of a porsche) but I'd have to get another loan to cover it ON TOP OFF the TT insurence hike, I think It would be a bit of a hassle but Ill def. keep it in mind. BTW why are you getting rid of her?

·
Registered
281 Posts
ok...

I dont think insurance would be that bad. Probably not as bad as you think. Call your agent and get a quote. Oh yeah...Im getting a Supra TT.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CMON GUYS!!! what would you do?

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
BUSTA-DOUGLASS said:
CMON GUYS!!! what would you do?
Personally, I would buy the TT with 120K miles and do a few mods to it...nothing serious, maybe BPU level.

Chris

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I would pay 8000 for a better condition TT (with around 60-70k miles) and then save up money to fix it up when it needs repairs (120k tuneup, brakes, etc.)

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
While we're on the subject of milage. My car has around 103k on it. My friend is getting a 99SL, and said he would take his money and mod the crap out of both our cars. Would it be wise to dump a lot of money into the engine with that many miles? Or should I wait and try to find a VR-4 later on in life (probably be about 4 years till I could afford one.......I'm only 17 now). Just seeing if this would kill it in the long run.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
If you're just looking for something a little faster you could sell your base Stealth and go with an ES or RT. The DOHC has 222 HP versus your 167 or whatever that is. I'm not the fastest car on the road but my car certainly is faster than a good bit of them. Insurance is going to be more on a TT than a base obviously but I can't imagine there's going to be much of a difference between an SOHC and DOHC. If you're looking for more "go" than "show" sell your 95 and buy a 92 or something. I paid $5000 for my ES with 60k on it and for that price you could probably afford to put a Knight Supercharger on it. Each option has it's on benefits.. it's pretty hard to get great looks and a lot of performance for a cheap price.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i'd get up some more cash, sell my car, and get a 3rd gen rx7 and mod the hell out of it. but i won't really fit comfortably in one, especially as a daily driver. but you might.
wankel was a genius and rotaries are a beautiful thing

oh, or you could find a newer body style 240SX with a blown engine, get an sr20DET and drop it in there(only really feasible economically if you know someone in japan that can source the engine for you, companies that'll import one for you will charge between 5 and 7k for a used motor that cost them 2 or less) and go drift style, but i love JDM, ome people don't. and not that a 240 really competes with out cars as far as style goes, but they are sweet looking

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually I was thinking about that, but Im going to college in a few months and Im gonna be too broke for any thing like that. BTW 3rd gen rx7 are deff. one of my favorite cars of all time!!!

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
get a TT......sohc's slow as hell. I am gonna get some money for my birthday (next monday) and I will start buying all the neccesary parts for my own turbo conversion. I can't afford insurance on a TT though.....that's why I am taking this route. Also, ifI pay a total of around 2 grand for this whole turbo conversion (used parts) I will be very happy. If i went the supercharger way, it would cost like 4 grand. turbo...turbo....turbo....turbo.....turbo.......turbo....turbo.....;) :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
thunder, how much did that ignition help?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts