Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a light bulb for the rear window defogger switch? I tried to get a radio shack light bulb but it won't fit in the holder very well at all. Is this something you can buy from the dealer without getting screwed over? I have a feeling the dealer solution will be to replace the whole switch when all I need is a 50 cent bulb.

·
Poor MuD/PHuD student :D
258 Posts
gotta keep this thread alive.

I'm in the exact same boat - any one know about these? I was told by several places that they are the "new" halogen dash light bulbs. I told everyone - 10 year old car - get with the program....

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Here's the Shack information for DSMs, and I assume it's the same for our cars:

Radio Shack cat no. 272-1092. The part description is
Micro Lamps (2 in a package), 12 volts, 60 mA

Copied from the Talon Digest archives, post by Roberto L. Landrau, dated 9/27/96

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,547 Posts
Becareful....

Those lil bitches get HOT!!
I know, I replaced all the lights in my Spyder switch console (6 of them) and that thing is warm to the touch.

Not trying to steer you elsewhere, just making a statement.

Bob.:)

·
Poor MuD/PHuD student :D
258 Posts
they work

Those lamps that John suggested work, but they are a little small. So if you are planning on using them in something like the defroster switch, like i did, the light output will be a little different, simply because of the physical size, much of the bulb is hidden by the base.

I actually replaced mine today. I've tried several different dealerships, they all say I'd have to order the defroster switch assembly, and at $60 (even with our discount), there's no way. Run on down to RadioShack and for 1.49 you get two of them. I may look for something that fits better, but until then, give those a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.