Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, while out for a short cruise today with Steve (I'm up in Richmond), had just hit the highway and heard a noise. I started to pull off to the side to check my front tire which had gone almost flat on my on the way up from Charlotte last night. Well, Steve passed me (we had our CB's on) and said the tire was fine. As I got out of the travel lane, that's when I could hear that it wasn't the tires but the engine making a scraping/grinding/smacking noise. ugh!! It starts but won't stay on and idle, just dies. There's oil in the top of the engine (can tell by pulling the oil fill cap). All fluids are at normal levels. No warning lights came on. Car just kinda quit. So i got a tow back to steve's place and trying to figure out how to get it back to Charlotte and into Steve Burrow's (3SX Performance) hands to see what's up and get thigns working again. Looks like The 222 HP Stereo may be needing an engine rebuild...... :(

EricB

·
i am joe dirt
1,875 Posts
man suthnr that sucks! dont worry i feel your pain my car is toast right now and it wont be ready till feb :( but anyways damn i thought i was the only one who had a cb in their car lol

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Hey....If you have to do a complete rebuild are you gonna upgrade?

Sorry to hear of the troubles...I know they are never fun.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I leave mine in there since I'm at gatherings about half the weekends of the year :eek:

BIGKASH, not sure if it's a spun bearing or not. not really sure and won't knw for sure til i get it back in charlotte and steve gets to take a look at it. Hoestly i'm hoping it's something relatively simple that won't require the engine to be pulled... :rolleyes:

Car has 124400+/- miles on it. Never had any real problms other than normal wear items.

EricB

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Damn bud, that really sucks. Of course you had to be away from home when it happened too. Hope it's nothing too serious.

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
hopefully it is just the idle screw or something small like that

Darrel

·
stlth664 was here
8,027 Posts
Eric, think happy thoughts :) Maybe it's all that stress your secret turbo adds to your engine ;) :p Seriously though, I hope that its something small...sorry to hear about it...:(

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, an update. I'm back home in Charlotte, but the car is still in Richmond... :( Steve Black brought me home so I can make my shifts at the restaurant and keep a little cash coming in. The borrowed flatbed and CDL driver fell through (actually the driver didn't make it, I had a truck free of charge!) so I may be making a trip back up there with my little pickup and a tow dolly Tuesday to drag it home. I'm hoping my little truck will pull it :confused:

EricB

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
11/27/2001 Update

The car is now back at home here in Charlotte. I rented a flatbed trailer from Uhaul and borrowed a GMC Denali from the manager of the restaurant I work at, pulled the trailer up there, loaded the car, and drove everything home. Gotta say I was pretty impressed with the truck as it had no problem pulling the 2250# trailer with my 3500#+/- car on it. Supercharged V-8. But anyway, the car is now at 3SX and Steve will be taking a look at it in the next couple days. Gonna start by dropping hte oil pan and seeing how the bottom end looks, then go from there....

EricB

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
hope everything works out for you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts