Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to surf, but I find it hard to put my board in my car. Very tight fit, and don't like wax and sand on my seats. I have some racks that I used to use with my old civic, but they won't fit my 3000. Does anyone know of racks that work? They all seem to prohibit the doors from closing or windows from rolling up. Just a question.

Ryan T.
1993 3000GT SL

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Check with Yakima or Thule rack systems.. I know one of them will fit, but I don't recomment leaving them on all the time.. as they will undoubtedly cause damage to the seals on the door.. I thought about getting one to put on full time for my bike, but I didn't want to go through the hassle.. when I worked at a bike shop, I installed a Thule rack system on a brand new Porsche Carrera S.. I think thats what it was.. the top of the line, with the active aero and all that... I thought the guy was nuts to put a roof rack on a car that was meant to do over 200mph.. but it was his money.. boy did it look funny, too...

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SilverBullet,
The rack definatly would not be permanent. Just on long enough to geat me to the beach and back.
Thanks again,
Ryan T
1993 3000GT SL

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Funny, I was looking at some the other day for my windsurfer(s). Found a really good one that didn't cost too much (about $150.cdn). Cant remember the name though. Email a reminder to me and I'll check it out again for ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts