Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a '94 3000GT SL. His tires went bald and blew out so he got some new used ones. :rolleyes: The tire place put slightly bigger tires on the back I guess. They said you are supposed to on these cars (The FWD ones only I'm sure). He said mitsu told his dad the same thing. He keeps saying how the car sits weird now and the back is high / front is low. Well one of the tires has a little problem so he has to go back and get it replaced. Is this bogus? It sounded strange to me, and this friend doesn't know anything about cars. Should he have them change it when he goes back in?

·
Trader????
559 Posts
Have them mount the same size tires that are on the front on the rear. His handling will suffer and the ABS system will to buck nutty because of the different tire circumferences.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wouldnt that throw off the speedometer as well? That must look goofy as hell.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Sounds like the tire place doesn't know what they are doing. They probably just wanted to sell the tire(s) and get rid of them. Ask them why didn't it come from the factory like that then? ;)

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
He needs the stock tire size and to never go to that place again.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yeah, some shops will tell you crap that is just totally stupid just for the sake of selling you shit or to cover their asses if they make a mistake. If it SOUNDS totally wrong, it probably is. What's even worse is that if you ask around to other shops and they just don't KNOW, they'll usually just go along with it and say "Yeah, that's what I heard too." just so they don't sound like they don't know anything. :rolleyes:

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Only advantage would be it would shift the weight forward a little bit keeping down on wheelhop on take offs.

-Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.