Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I drive, therefore I am.
1,601 Posts
i bought my car w/ a pair of supertrapps on the back.. they sound pretty damn nice for those of you that like the growl...
but on the fwy at 3k rpm.... omg, i cant hear myself think!

i had to get an 1800watt system so that i could listen to the music on the fwy....
Im gonna be getting something new and silent..

·
Go get bent
4,123 Posts
whoa... have any of you ever rode in a car with normal mufflers and then put on super traps??... my friends 700hp street camaro runs a pair of super traps and his vette and his dads vette.. on his vette we rode in it before we did the exhaust and then put on straights to just tips..rode in it and was WHOA way to loud..and then put on a set of supertraps..better sound and power... it is all in the discs you can adjust it. more discs equals more top end.. les discs equals more tq.. but less discs also means louder. and vice versa. they are a very adjustable muffler and are sweet all the way around! look at how they work they don't shoot exhuast straight out but al the way around a complete 360 which helps to reduce the effects the outside environment has on blowing against the exhaust.... i bet they have why they work so well on the website read it i am too tired for now... but they are sweet for sound and nothing outperforms them in my book
-JON

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
LUSTFUL said:
whoa... have any of you ever rode in a car with normal mufflers and then put on super traps??... my friends 700hp street camaro runs a pair of super traps and his vette and his dads vette.. on his vette we rode in it before we did the exhaust and then put on straights to just tips..rode in it and was WHOA way to loud..and then put on a set of supertraps..better sound and power... it is all in the discs you can adjust it. more discs equals more top end.. les discs equals more tq.. but less discs also means louder. and vice versa. they are a very adjustable muffler and are sweet all the way around! look at how they work they don't shoot exhuast straight out but al the way around a complete 360 which helps to reduce the effects the outside environment has on blowing against the exhaust.... i bet they have why they work so well on the website read it i am too tired for now... but they are sweet for sound and nothing outperforms them in my book
-JON
:wtf:

·
Go get bent
4,123 Posts
i swear on my shift knob... um whatever it is late.. but i will ask my friend on the physics behind it but he explained it to me and seriously they outperform straights supposedly...something to do with how the exhaust exits the mufflers in a full cirlce and therefore the environment can't push against the exhaust and disrupt the flow of it... something along those lines... but they are serious racers..well like i said 700hp street machine.and they dirt track race and have an assload of cars that will whoop up on most anything on the road.. hehe besides a vr4 j/p;)
-JON

·
Registered
516 Posts
LUSTFUL said:
i swear on my shift knob... um whatever it is late.. but i will ask my friend on the physics behind it but he explained it to me and seriously they outperform straights supposedly...something to do with how the exhaust exits the mufflers in a full cirlce and therefore the environment can't push against the exhaust and disrupt the flow of it... something along those lines... but they are serious racers..well like i said 700hp street machine.and they dirt track race and have an assload of cars that will whoop up on most anything on the road.. hehe besides a vr4 j/p;)
-JON
Yeah, in fact the car in my avatar had Supertrapps. Being able to add & subtract disks to tune them is pretty nice for racing. By rule, we had to use mufflers, but we had no sound level limit, so most cars used a big disk stack, which is pretty loud. My home track had long straights and tight turns so I built an engine more like a drag racing engine and ran a short stack to help the low end, sacrificing some top end. I don't know about the 360 degree exit... I just know they worked pretty good.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Your Theory is OK for pushrod V 8's but doesn't work with twin turbo's:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts