Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t been able to find a thread on this. My 120k was just recently done very prematurely due to caution, and I know I think I’m ready for more power but worried about screwing things up. Thought maybe camshafts, plus all the supporting mods would get me great power without the headache of tuning air and fuel ratios, but I also would love some bigger turbos I just am reluctant to go down the route of self tuning. Anyone have any advice for a newbie to this platform?

17,264 Posts
If you don't have one already a boost controller is your best bet. You should get a datalogger if you can, but generally safe to run about 14 on stock fuel with no tuning:

Barring that a mild turbo upgrade is better to do than cams.

Larry is a great guy to get some 15G class turbos from:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't have one already a boost controller is your best bet. You should get a datalogger if you can, but generally safe to run about 14 on stock fuel with no tuning:

Barring that a mild turbo upgrade is better to do than cams.

Larry is a great guy to get some 15G class turbos from:

I have a boost controller and oil pressure and boost gauges ready to go in I’m just waiting on my fuel pump Hotwire kit and C7 gauge columns to come in, 3sx quoted me about another month for those :/ are there any noticeable gains from bigger turbos at stock boost?

17,264 Posts
I have a boost controller and oil pressure and boost gauges ready to go in I’m just waiting on my fuel pump Hotwire kit and C7 gauge columns to come in, 3sx quoted me about another month for those :/ are there any noticeable gains from bigger turbos at stock boost?
Not really much gains on stock boost on a mild turbo like a 15G. 9bs can rarely hold 15 PSI to redline, so bigger turbos really help top end once you run higher than stock boost.

·
Super Moderator
21,048 Posts
There are certainly some gains to be had from 15Gs on stock injectors. It may take the car from high 12s to low/mid 12s at around 10-13psi on stock injectors. Learning how to tune it will unlock its true potential.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts