Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my little brother and his friends come over and convince me to out and cruse again :) *didn't take anything other than them saying "lets go"*

First race was a 98+ Z28 with exhaust. From a stop to end of second *6500* I got a length off the line and he stayed there even to 70 *35 zone*

Next light with car around he wants to go again, we are further into town with traffic so i declined. He got mad, called me scared and said he wasn't ready :) I just told him to learn to drive and we'd try it again later... i think he got pissed :D

Second race was a 89 LX 5.0 notch with a Novi *i thinks* supercharger running 7-8 lbs of boost. i talked for a good hour before the race, and was a bit concernered whether i'd win

From a 5mph roll on an open, empty devided 4 lane. We stagged slow and this trash talking idiot in a celica who got spanked by my little brother friends bone stock 89 5.0 earlier in the night gets over on the shoulder to my right to race too.. what a retard. I've already beat him once, and he thinks he should have won. Its a 90ish celica with... "upgraded clutch, different ignition, different exhaust, underdrive, blah blah blah" he says which consisted of no exhaust past manafold, and k&n... thats it :D He claims 15.3's :rolleyes:

ANYWAYS... we go from 5mph roll and shut down at about 6k in 3rd when i was about 3 cars ahead

2nd was from a stop and 3 honks... long time in between honks and i almost jumped, but instead REALLY fried my clutch... *insert smiley gif bowing its head in shame here* once it was out *the clutch* i was even with him but pulling very hard. Shut down that time about 5k in 3rd with a little more room in between us

After the 2 races with it i think the celica had finished the 1st run :D

I thought i did good for a car that has 94mph traps :(

I'm gonna have to fix that

·
Registered
264 Posts
94mph traps:confused: .....well anyways good runs and kills.....

·
I Want Twin Turbos Too!
1,600 Posts
SOunds like something might be wrong with your car. I would check the plugs and wires on it or something.

Good kills!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm gonna switch from the bleeder to a MBC and get a new BOV from froggy :)
I just changed fuel filter, cleaned K&N, new NGK plugs, new wires, and switched to redline fluids :confused:

I hope that fixes it

·
I Want Twin Turbos Too!
1,600 Posts
Fuel filter, that was a good one. I did not think about that, but on a car with over 40K miles and the stock filter, you are right, that could be a problem. Good Call! and Good Luck!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts