Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question.. im looking into buying a 91 vr4 pearl white with 68k. needs engine work.. im a mechanic i can fix ;) turbos work etc.. had red int eww but sorta nice. He only wants 6900 for it. I have a ? it doesnt have a sunroof.. now can the stock one be added to this car or a new powerones? how much. where do they do this and is it user douable? is it worth it? some1 reply back n let me know please or aim me @: Danny9 thsx -Danny:)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Nothing is like a stock 3k sunroof. The glass takes up the whole top. However the dealer can't install this roof. You can get aftermarket electric for 500-600 but it's small or a real big pop up for 200-300.

·
hellbent in a dodge Viper
8,699 Posts
6900?

Hmm that might be just a tad high.

I would get him down to say 5000$ if is very clean.

I just paid 3000 for a 92 with 120k

blown crank, new turbos(13'b) with custom chrome rims.
3rd gear syncro needs replaced also.

need paint and seats redone.

Alot of work though.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
read on. he said it had 68k. I paid 8000 for mine at 100k

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
Bluv69k said:
Nothing is like a stock 3k sunroof. The glass takes up the whole top. However the dealer can't install this roof. You can get aftermarket electric for 500-600 but it's small or a real big pop up for 200-300.

where can i find what you're talking about? where do they sell sunroof's?

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Hollandia and I think there are ASC sunroofs ... I know another company makes them too.

Goto ASC's website or Hollandia's website.

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
The prior owner of my car put in an aftermarket power sunroof. It's a lil small, but I like it... no leaks either. I'm not sure where he had it done or how much it was.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tanks guys... yeah it has 68k miles but needs body work in the front, now active acero in front got torn off, needs alittle body work n engine is ok pulls to the right too.. ima offer 6k n rebuild the whole car over.. and i wanan put an orig sunroof in it. should i or no?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I suppose 6k isn't toooo bad for 68k miles. but the body work thing is not too great, how bad is it? parking lot accidents, cracked paint on the bumper.... stuff like that? I'd have to see it to give you an honest opinion on price.
As far as the sunroof goes, stock is cool, but BIG sunroofs are even better. Anybody know how big of a sunroof you can put on these cars? (I want one too :D)

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm

well i think the bumper needs to be taken off and repainted and realigned.. also the back need a new paint job.. needs new active aero infront, otherwise leather is ok. has white gagues ewww and no stero system at all... im offering him 5k cash maybe hell take maybe not.. i plan on redoing the whole car mysefl so by the summer i'll post pics if it all works out.. im mean totally like 10k or more invested.. itwill be a fast show car :) my baby heh

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, 5k sounds more reasonable for something that needs that kind of bodywork, But the low miles sound like a plus. good luck!

·
Ero Sennin
290 Posts
I've got a 91, and somehow I have a full factory sunroof. Its the big one, and even has the mitsu logo on the glass...has the crank inside the car too...no clue why i've got one though, they werent made on 91's

·
Registered
167 Posts
i would definately look into a mitsu one as opposed to another... most people have great experience with other ones.. but personally i have a nonfactory-type sunroof and it whistles and its annoying at high speeds with no music..and i think one time it rained real hard and someone was in the back and it leaked a tad on them... i dont know though... everyone else seems to have good stories to tell... maybe mines just a piece of junk...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.