Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Robotics Engineer
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Climate Control Repairs [FIX YOURS]

Hello everyone, I have been seeing a ton of people struggle lately on the Facebook groups in regards to their Climate Control Displays not working or at least working properly.
I've decided to offer this service for the time being to 3S owners (the community). I may extend this service beyond the summer depending on reception and my own schedule.

I will be repairing poorly functioning or no longer functioning climate control units at $142 with return shipping included. Please see the details below before clicking the PayPal link.
For those outside of the United States, please contact me before sending any funds, thank you.

PayPal: PayPal.Me

I need the following for those sending units in:
  • Climate Control Display Unit
  • Display Controller Unit (behind Climate Control Display)
  • Confirmation of Order Included in Shipping for Identifying Your Unit(s)
Extensive damage will be assessed and communicated to 3S owner; I will communicate and provide visuals to the extent of the damage preventing a normal repair.
From there, if a successful repair is not possible your unit will be returned; if a successful repair is possible but requires much more time I'll communicate the difference
before proceeding. In most cases this should not be an issue. It is all relative to the usage, environment, and time since failure; the sooner you refresh your climate
control the better for preventing damage to the PCB via corrosion or excess current flow where unintended.

Things you should always ask anyone repairing your electronics...

Which years will you accept for repair?

1991-1997 Climate Control Displays and Controllers (must be sent in pairs for a proper repair)​

Do you repair my actual unit(s)?
Yes, of course. I would hate if I sent anything in to be serviced and someone sent me back someone else's part.​

What are your qualifications?
I am an electronics design engineer with hands in the dirt experience in electronics manufacturing and quality control.
My title is lead engineer and I'm responsible for all electronics and embedded firmware design & development efforts.
Background is in electronics and robotics engineering.​

What does your repair cover?
  • Repair the display's circuit responsible for driving/turning on the VFD(Vacuum Florescent Display)
  • Replace switch bulbs with new set, as they are either burned out or on their way
  • Refresh/replace components within display module and controller
  • Characterize and validate circuits
  • Apply new conformal coating to electronic assemblies
  • Test repairs thoroughly
This includes basic repair of traces or burned out components.
Note: Extensive damage will be assessed and communicated to 3S owner.

Do you offer any warranty for the service/workmanship?
All units repaired by me and without being modified in any way, shape, or form after said repair will be covered for 3 years.
Cases were there is water damage to your car or signs of over-voltage conditions forfeits the warranty terms.

PayPal: PayPal.Me

·
Robotics Engineer
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some people have reached out to me for other types of electronics. I would be willing to consider repairing other 3rd party tech for people that need it.

·
Robotics Engineer
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump, a few people have reached out to me already. get your service orders in now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts