Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thinking about getting a charter bus to run shuttles from the Hotel to down town St. Louis on Saturday evening. This is a charter bus not a school bus you can take a cooler and can beer on the bus for your trip down and back into Arch/Landing areaand night life in down town St Louis. I think it would be a great ideal and several in our group also like this suggestion. Several reason being the cars would not be parked in parking lots down town St. Louis, you would not have to drive over the cobble stone streets (for all the low cars) or worry about DWI this is about a 30 minute trip one way you can relax and enjoy the evening and the St. Louis Area I believe that the Arch is open till about 7:00 PM in the summer if planning on going to the top of the Arch you can get tickets on line in advance instead of waiting up to three hours when you get here. Let me know what you think so I can get something worked with the bus company the price is pretty cheap.
See you at the NG 2003
Nancy G.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Nancy.

It appears a lot of people are looking at your suggestion but none are taking the time to post some feedback. A tour bus down to the Arch/downtown is a *great* idea. Saves all that hassle of everyone trying to move their cars around. Even if you don't get a lot of feedback early on, I'd say it'd be easy enough to load the bus once everyone is there.

My wife and I wll definitely take advantage of it so there's 2 to start.

Gary
golfpro
97 3000GT SL

·
Registered
2 Posts
If people are going to head down to the landing... I would recommend a bus. That way you wouldn't have to worry about driving on the terribly eneven cobblestone streets on the landing. Unless you raised the ride height of your car (above stock) you WILL scrape and such.

But its just an idea

John

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
the NG is in aug right??? so there is still some time for ppl to get invovled in it

·
Registered
791 Posts
That way you wouldn't have to worry about driving on the terribly eneven cobblestone streets on the landing. Unless you raised the ride height of your car (above stock) you WILL scrape and such.
I have been on the landing a million times in my car and never scraped. I have even had my car loaded with my bass rig when playing shows at Mississippi Nights and was fine. It's a bumpy ride, but nothing scraped. I think the main reason for not driving to the landing is if people want to drink or just don't want to drive...if you're not going to drink, then by all means, don't be afraid to drive there. Parking is safe and it's not that bad. Watch the lots that you park in 'cuz some of them may have a steep incline going in, but there are several different lots to park in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts