Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so i ended up getting some Kinugawa 19T turbos (for what i'm wanting to get out of the car, this fit well). My issue now is that as im bolting them up, i noticed the oil return lines (stock) don't line up at all with the new turbos. they are just too short it seems about 3-4 inches below the turbo. I wasnt wanting to try and stretch it or force it in there. Basically now, im needing a good set of oil lines, but dont have the money to throw down $250+ on them right now. Anyone have some they got for a decent price and have worked out well for you? if you could post a link from where you got them, id greatly appreciate it.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,239 Posts

·
13,239 Posts
Sorry, copied, then went to tend to dinner...posted...Oldsheimers!

There now!

Bob.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thos
Sorry, copied, then went to tend to dinner...posted...Oldsheimers!

There now!

Bob.
those are oil feed lines, yeah? i was mostly needing return lines, but i'll double check their site. i like ninja performance. (honestly i wouldn't mind both sets obviously, just gotta focus on what i can afford at the moment. paying bills suck)

·
13,239 Posts
Those are the only oil (turbo) lines I could find on their site.
Wasn't sure if they would work for the returns...

Bob.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the only oil (turbo) lines I could find on their site.
Wasn't sure if they would work for the returns...

Bob.
i was looking at their sight just now and found these. the price is high, but i mean you get what you pay for. oil systems are no joke so you gotta make sure you get it right.

·
13,239 Posts
If you are not aware, there could be delays ordering from Ninja (Chris and Vicki).
He is been struggling with cance (FU cancer) for years.

Bob.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The Kinugawa 19T’s should have fit right up to the factory oil lines, but it’s good practice to replace the lines anyway. I had 19T’s before a rear factory line clog ate my rear turbo so I upgraded to 19THL’s and bought a set of return lines from Ninja Performance and a set of stainless feed lines directly from Kinugawa this time around. It may be a good idea to stick with their offerings God forbid should you have a problem with a turbo down the line. If you have a set of turbos and feed lines from them on record it’ll make a warranty claim go smoother down the road.

William-

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Kinugawa 19T’s should have fit right up to the factory oil lines, but it’s good practice to replace the lines anyway. I had 19T’s before a rear factory line clog ate my rear turbo so I upgraded to 19THL’s and bought a set of return lines from Ninja Performance and a set of stainless feed lines directly from Kinugawa this time around. It may be a good idea to stick with their offerings God forbid should you have a problem with a turbo down the line. If you have a set of turbos and feed lines from them on record it’ll make a warranty claim go smoother down the road.

William-
I ended up getting the full kit from 3sx. The stock lines looked like they could have fit (the drain ones was the issue) but I would have to bend and force it more than i was comfortable doing. I didnt want to put at a weird angle and try to get the bolts to thread in, potentially ruining brand new turbos lol. Problem solved though, thanks to credit cards lol. Now i just have to figure out which is which (a simple task really) as far as front lines and rear lines.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I ended up getting the full kit from 3sx. The stock lines looked like they could have fit (the drain ones was the issue) but I would have to bend and force it more than i was comfortable doing. I didnt want to put at a weird angle and try to get the bolts to thread in, potentially ruining brand new turbos lol. Problem solved though, thanks to credit cards lol. Now i just have to figure out which is which (a simple task really) as far as front lines and rear lines.
Smart move man! Trust me the return lines fit too, mine literally was off by like a half inch, but if you’re not feeling it, by all means go with your gut feeling. I found my rear return line partially blocked as well. Replaced both return and feed lines. I should’ve clarified. The heat from the rear turbo just cooks the oil, but in my case they were the original lines, so at more than 27yrs of age it was to be expected. All in all it’s worth it. Very good insurance for the life of your WuTang War Whistles....

William-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts