Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walk out to get in my car this morning, its parked in the garage, I look at the back end admiringly (I've only had this car a week) and notice a plastic 2" by 3" "GUS PAULOS CHEVROLET" emblem stuck to the back bumper...they must have stuck it on the day they detailed it for me when I picked it up, and now I'm pissed! HOW DO I GET THIS UGLY EMBLEM OFF without ruining my paint???!!!
Has anyone had the mispleasure of removing emblems from their car? I think its stuck with that double sided tape. Please reply!
Randy

·
Registered
293 Posts
Funny, mine did almost the same thing. I looked at the back of the car when I was getting gas and I saw that the S from Spitzer was hanging. I just used my fingers to carefully pull off the sticker. Watch so you don't cut yourself...speaking from experience. The next time I washed my car, I used a bit of wax and the glue/tape residue came right off. Voila! No worries.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought mine new in 1993, I told them I wanted absolutely no dealer decals on the car or I would not buy it when it came in, and they complied.

I don't know if they still do it or not, but they used to actually drill holes in the car to put those things on. At least the sticker will come off with very little effort.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Bastards and their free advertising, but try to get a reasonable getrag, and NO! I would take it back to them and let them deal with it, that way if anything goes wrong, they'll be responsible for it. Practically vandalism in my book. Over here, all they do is put those stupid license plate trim things on, which I usually promptly remove. Dammit Mitsu, I was having a great day, now I'm grumpy again!

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
There is a product named Lift Off that is to remove stickers, gum, etc.( available at hardware stores and I believe Pep Boys) that does good at removing fresh decals without hurting your paint. Just rub on sticker, let sit several minutes, and wipe or peel off. Then after remove all residue wipe with damp cloth.
Hope this helps,
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a good one. I used it to take many stickers of my overly cover Dakota RT. It didn't hurt the paint and is very simple. Take a hairdrier, turn it on high everything and hold it 3-6 inches over the sticker for a minute or two. The stickers peel off like nothing and hopefully most of the glue will too. And for what glue is left over just use some TurtleWax(i think) Bug & Tar Remover. Put alittle on the car alittle on the towel and scrub(this is the hardest part, but not very) with your finger tips. Then after your done be nice to your car and alittle wash the part that you applied the Bug & Tar Remover too. Or your whole car, your choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about the time I just got done with a 10 hour day of work and an interview for a part time job. Now I'm sitting here staring at this website looking for answers to my questions that no one responded too. I must get sleep!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hairdryer thing works. Thats what I used to get mine off. Better than cutting, because it wont scratch the paint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh the games dealers play....

I tell them to get it off....or I am going to send them the bill for having my favorite body shop remove it

·
Registered
500 Posts
I HATE those things. Take it to the dealership, and tell them just what you think of their damn dealer logo, and have them take it off. I love the idea of sending them the bill too. It would give me more pleasure than you could imagine to hand them that bill. Its pisses me off to think that they would actually have the balls to put one of those on a new car, especially if its a sports car and they KNOW that you like to keep your car looking nice. If im paying 20k+ for a car (or 2k) i would expect that would be enough for them to pay for a radio or tv commercial (which i could rant on all day too. I hate those damn 5 dollar budget dealer commercials).

Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.