Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, I actually like my cat, he's pretty cool for a cat, its just that EVERY time I wash my car, the NEXT morning I go out...MUDDY CAT PRINTS ON THE HOOD AND WINDSHIELD AND ROOF! We have a "doggy door" so the cat (and my dog) can get in and out of the garage (its cold in Utah)at night.
Does anybody have a solution? and if I leave the car dirty...he never bothers it. Its only right after I wash it!
Just had to vent. By the way, if it rains or snows, I drive my truck. Is anybody else this anal or do you use your 3S car in all weather conditions? (I know they are great for traction, I just don't like what the SALT and moisture does to the car)
Randy

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had dog's most of my life and use a product called "NO" to keep them off of furniture. It's an orange aerosol spray can that I usually buy in the local food store. I don't know if you can spray it on your paint? Humans can't smell it but animals can and don't like the odor. How about using one of those electronic pest repellers, they emit a high frequency sound. Just a few thoughts!

Brian

[This message has been edited by BD72055 (edited January 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
We bought one of those shock pads to keep the dog off of the couch. Put the shock pad on your car. Set up a camera (to capture the moment) because you can make a lot o money when your cat jumps on the car that first/last time!

[This message has been edited by Space Coyote (edited January 04, 2000).]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color=#300080>Try replacing the door that has the pet access door with another that doesn't, then PAINT a pet door on the new one. When the cat goes out to put his John Handcock on the hood, BAM! He'll knock himself cold-out.

&nbsp &nbsp ...unless, of course, he's watched too much Roadrunner & Coyote show.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You sound pretty worthless yourself. Can we shoot you too?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm, how old is your cat and dog? what you need is to train them!!.. I had a black labrador that was rather jumpy.. he jumped on my del-sol and scratched it.. he got a good spanking.. just got to teach them that touching car is bad. and if you don't have the time to spank them yourself there are those proximity electro-shock collars..

as for the winter season driving.. i have no problems.. threw on a set of blizzaks and away i went.. just get a rustproofing done on the car and get a yearly oil spray..

Went up to northern ontario for 2 weeks, temperature was around -25`C most of the time and lots of snow. my town accumlated about 1 foot of snow during an evening.. I was having fun driving around later that night. One should drive safely in adverse conditions but suffice to say you can get really take off with AWD, braking is great and so is the handling.. only bad thing is clearance, when hitting deep snow take it easy cause your car will be plowing through the snow.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Ahroun and Space Coyote - funniest posts yet.

>By the way, if it rains or snows, I drive my truck. Is anybody else this anal or do you use your 3S car in all weather conditions?

Anal.

Dry roads only for my baby. In Missouri, if there's a nanometre of snow on the road, the put a foot of salt and sand on top of it. Ten minutes later, when the sun has melted the snow off anyway, I'm stuck with all the salt and sand, and I have to wait for a good downpour of rain to wash all that crap away. I'm with you - I don't want any of that stuff getting into my metalwork. I also avoid driving over the oil slick in the middle of the lane.

As for the cat, my solution is a garage, to which the cats have no access. I, too, have a cat flap, and ten cats. Maybe my "fiji blue" paint job differs from your colour, but look closely at the paint at those points where your cat has walked on the body. On mine, I can see these very faint smudge marks that are shaped like the pads on cat feet. Since these smudges don't wash out, they must be very fine scratches permanently in the paint. They're only visible if the light is at a certain angle, but it bugs me knowing that they're there. Also, one of the fatter cats has trouble jumping all the way to the top of the trunk, and has used his back claws to help scrabble his blubber butt up. Again, they're very fine scratches, and I'm probably the only one who notices, but it still pisses me off.

As for using an odour-based repellent, I find that it works the other way too. The house stinks so much of cats that I never have visitors. Cuts way back on the entertainment expenses.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
OK, What is this "Snow" you speak of?

I have a new idea, instead of fighting the cat why don't you spill some paint (color of your choice) on the ground and you will be the first with authentic cat paw prints on your car.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My cat does this too, dirty or not.

About the dog piss, when I was buying the car, the prebvious owner's dog put a fresh coat of piss on the wheels for me

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amahoser-

It's a shame that cats can't shoot back.

But then...maybe they can.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in a townhouse and up till resently my neighbor had three cats that seemed to be in heat 24/7.Every cat within 1/2mi.always came by to visit,climbing over my car to get there.Finially they sold their townhouse and moved,YEEEEAAAAA,YEEEEEEEAAAAA,did I say YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA.Two days later my neighbor two doors down,bought a cat.I can't @%$ win.How do you keep them off my car???

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i too have cats in my neck of the woods. although my car is in the garage most of the time, there are occasions when i have noticed the ever familiar paw prints on the hood(for some reason it usually happens after washing the car). here is my plan. i'm going to park my car in the street aiming it southbound, inline with a longer stretch of road(launch pad), and then i'm going to get in and just wait, and dare a cat to come by and jump on my hood. when it does, as soon as its paws makes contact with my hood, i'm going to quietly but quickly fire the engine and romp on the gas! before that little feline knows what's going on, it will have been the first cat to hit 60mph on the hood of a 3000gt! i guarantee the little bugger will never do it again. btw, i do not hate cats, they taste like chicken

[This message has been edited by kcalvano (edited January 04, 2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well done all! I've thoroughly enjoyed this post! Now that I know I am not the only one that has to deal with those darn paw prints...I'm not quite so irritated about it! I guess its the old "misery loves company" routine!
The idea I like the best is the 60 MPH cat on the hood!
Randy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Calvano, darlin'!

You're gonna have ten, three foot long, scratches in the hood of your car if you do that. *hehe*

I too have cats and I've resigned myself to the fact that they'll put paw prints all over the car. I think it actually gives it some character. *S*

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its simple....there is a book called "101 uses for a dead cat".....now...since they have nine lives....it'll take you nine tries...but eventually....no paw prints...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts