Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Koni, Gab, KYB.... I need to do my struts, would like to myself, I don't care to keep ECS, but I have priced Gab's at 166.50 and would like to deal with less!!!! or higher quality if I can't get cheaper price... anyway what options do I have??? and how hard to do in a day??? by yourself??

·
Registered
182 Posts
The local Mitsubishi dealer in Ramsey, NJ gave me a price of $170 each, same cost, front or rear. The rear struts look easy to replace, but you will need a spring compressor. The front struts may require an alignment, but I never changed them before, paid an alignment shop to do it.

Brian

·
Registered
410 Posts
A month ago talahasse mitsu,gave me a quote for ECS (non turbo),struts
-front 139,included 3si discount each
-rear 140,also included discount each

luckily it was somethin else I needed to replace

good luck,

milan

·
80 Posts
I actually just got my front struts replaced today at Ramsey Mitsubishi in NJ. It costed a little over $500 for parts and labor. I'm kind of upset though, because on the ride home from the dealer today I noticed that my steering wheel is way off center which it was not before I had the front end work. I'm hoping that it is just a simple alignment problem that they will fix without a hassle.

jeff0052
91 RT/TT

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jeff, if you need a great alignment shop, go to Gil's Safety Service in Ridgewood, NJ, phone number is 201-445-6672. They worked on my VR-4 and previously the SL I used to own. They have loaner cars and the price of all wheel drive / all wheel steering alignment was $130 and they guarantee their work. It's practically across the street from the Ridgewood Motor Vehicle inspection station. Plus, if you decide to go there, you will get to meet Christen, their service writer. She know's a lot about cars and is a great looking blue eyed blonde, and funny too!

I recently brought my VR-4 there for an alignment. Since it has all wheel steering, they printed and gave me the technical service bulletin from AllData that tells them to remove the rear steering tie rods before doing the aligment or they could be damaged. They know their stuff and keep you informed.
Gil's is only a few minutes off route 17 near the Linwood avenue exit.

Brian

·
Registered
600 Posts
Twin Turbo RT, going by your screen name, i'd say that you have a Stealth Turbo... well, for your car, there isn't much choice... correct me if I'm wrong but only GAB and Tien make aftermarket shocks and struts for your car. KYB and maybe Koni make shocks/struts for the non-turbo's.

Jeff0052, the camber adjustment is on the struts. When they replaced your struts, they should have done an alignment or at least put the camber back in the same setting it was in. I would take it back to them and tell them to do an alignment for free. That should be part or the labor charge you already paid them.

Jose Soriano
[email protected]
'91 Stealth RT/TT

·
80 Posts
After the dealership replaced my struts the other day, I noticed on the way home that my car was pulling real hard to one side. So I brought the car back to the dealer the next day and fortunately they did an alignment job for me free of charge. The car feels perfect now with new front struts, resurfaced rotors, and new sway bar linkages! Anyway, thanks for the info guys.

-Jeff 91RT/TT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts