Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,216 Posts
Every 3000GT 6g72 guy wanting more than 700hp on a regular basis should be buying these.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,216 Posts
Ray, does BC have any plans of doing 6g75 cranks? or 74?

Lastly, will they be keeping a few in stock after the group buy? If one were to push a build for racing purposes and break one, they'd need to be available quickly. I know that has been a problem in the past. If it's just a hard parking 3S with expensive parts, it doesn't matter, but if it's a car that's raced, it does! :D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, its been a long time since ive been here! so different looking. I havnt been super active posting in the community in quite a while. I have still been building some cars for people and been building plenty of engines and transmissions still. My current job with Toyota definitely wipes me out so its not as easy to post all day and night like back in the day haha. Things may be changing a little as I may get back out of dealer life and do some other new adventures before im too old to do them. One thing will ALWAYS be 3S cars! I can never get away from this stuff and all of my friends here since 2001.

Anyway, I think its time we get some billet cranks cooking for some strokers of the 72 flavor. If we get 20 guys together I can do them for $2550 each. Here are some of the benefits of going this way with your engine.

A billet crank doesn't flex anywhere near as easy as the stock ones. This helps keep the mains in great shape after big HP pounding and even tuning mishaps.
Adding CI to your engine allows you to make more power and have a larger powerband. A few things happen. The engine itself NA makes more power so therefore under boost it will then make more power then before.
Next is a turbo choice that was too big before will now be usable with the larger engine.
You get a 3.4 to 3.5L depending on bore using a block that has stock deck height and fits right in the car with no mods. No 74 swapping

If you search my old posts, ive always been super impressed with the bigger engines and have done many back to back tests. I still remember the first time I built one for myself. Off boost alone, the car felt like it lost 500lbs of weight due to having way more power off boost. It also allowed my turbos to spool so much faster that I moved to larger ones :)

So if youre planning a build, or just want to save one for a rainy day, now is your time.

4 bolt block is required. Any 72 rod will work. I can build you pistons and sell at cost for people who are in the GB

So lets get an idea where we stand, and I will get the lead time and piston prices worked out.

Ray
Ad me to the list for crank and pistons.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The kits I made with the 74 has slightly more stroke than the BC. So the pistons are different and there is less grinding of the block.

Eric, BC doesn't have plans for 74s and 75s. Its hard to get them to even make these ones on low volume these days unfortunately.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,216 Posts
You think they’ll keep a couple in stock? I know it’s hard to get them when in need and that doesn’t work for a competitively raced car. And buying two, to have one sit on the shelf sucks. Much bigger hit to a racer’s working capital than BC’s working capital.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The kits I made with the 74 has slightly more stroke than the BC. So the pistons are different and there is less grinding of the block.

Eric, BC doesn't have plans for 74s and 75s. Its hard to get them to even make these ones on low volume these days unfortunately.
Ray, thanks for the clarification. I think it best I stick with what I have. That being said what should I limit the HP to with the forged 74 crank?

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
Ray, does BC have any plans of doing 6g75 cranks? or 74?

Lastly, will they be keeping a few in stock after the group buy? If one were to push a build for racing purposes and break one, they'd need to be available quickly. I know that has been a problem in the past. If it's just a hard parking 3S with expensive parts, it doesn't matter, but if it's a car that's raced, it does! :D
One would hope they would keep a couple on their shelf which helps keep there cost down as well, but even though these can be pushed to make crazy power, i'm not sure how many guys on the list getting one will do so. Sometimes it's nice to have better off boost power and a better powerband even at 800-1000 hp or less and reap the benefits of the stroker. I know your about displacement, which I can't blame you at all (I reccommend it lol) but this is an excellent price, if you ever change your mind for this i'll add ya on the list Eric.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,216 Posts
One would hope they would keep a couple on their shelf which helps keep there cost down as well, but even though these can be pushed to make crazy power, i'm not sure how many guys on the list getting one will do so. Sometimes it's nice to have better off boost power and a better powerband even at 800-1000 hp or less and reap the benefits of the stroker. I know your about displacement, which I can't blame you at all (I reccommend it lol) but this is an excellent price, if you ever change your mind for this i'll add ya on the list Eric.
It's not really about displacement, it's about having affordably priced parts available when needed, without unpredictable lead-times if trying to competitively race. The 3.3 stroker crank from BC (91.5mm piston, 84mm stroke is 3.31l) is a perfectly acceptable stroke and Brian proved you can still squeeze aluminum rods in the block (with grinding) with that stroke.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
It's not really about displacement, it's about having affordably priced parts available when needed, without unpredictable lead-times if trying to competitively race. The 3.3 stroker crank from BC (91.5mm piston, 84mm stroke is 3.31l) is a perfectly acceptable stroke and Brian proved you can still squeeze aluminum rods in the block (with grinding) with that stroke.
I here ya, well get in while the getting is good!

·
Verified Hitman
469 Posts
Ad me to the list for crank

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts

·
Verified Hitman
469 Posts
Just the Crank
Morgan Sanders

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,148 Posts
I see crank is $2550 but what's the estimate on pistons? in the process of rebuild and just need an idea of budget. - thanks.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
I see crank is $2550 but what's the estimate on pistons? in the process of rebuild and just need an idea of budget. - thanks.
Working on a price shipped within the U.S. now for Ray's custom stroker Pistons that are .035 over. Hopefully have a solid number by tomorrow.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
Alright guys i'll continue to make the piston list, but after looking at all the cost, drop ship, paypal, etc, the plan now is if you buy in for the crank, at a later time you will hit up Ray directly and he will get a custom quote of what your wanting. For reference, for Ray's off the shelf stroker piston's (8.1:1 compression and .035 over size) it shouldn't be more than $799 shipped. Once you start going in bigger size the cost goes up because of the ring pack, etc.

But either way we will keep the stroker crank group buy rolling and if you buy in, at a later date if you need 1 set of stroker pistons Ray will get the best price he can for supporting this!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts