Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, its been a long time since ive been here! so different looking. I havnt been super active posting in the community in quite a while. I have still been building some cars for people and been building plenty of engines and transmissions still. My current job with Toyota definitely wipes me out so its not as easy to post all day and night like back in the day haha. Things may be changing a little as I may get back out of dealer life and do some other new adventures before im too old to do them. One thing will ALWAYS be 3S cars! I can never get away from this stuff and all of my friends here since 2001.

Anyway, I think its time we get some billet cranks cooking for some strokers of the 72 flavor. If we get 20 guys together I can do them for $2550 each. Here are some of the benefits of going this way with your engine.

A billet crank doesn't flex anywhere near as easy as the stock ones. This helps keep the mains in great shape after big HP pounding and even tuning mishaps.
Adding CI to your engine allows you to make more power and have a larger powerband. A few things happen. The engine itself NA makes more power so therefore under boost it will then make more power then before.
Next is a turbo choice that was too big before will now be usable with the larger engine.
You get a 3.4 to 3.5L depending on bore using a block that has stock deck height and fits right in the car with no mods. No 74 swapping

If you search my old posts, ive always been super impressed with the bigger engines and have done many back to back tests. I still remember the first time I built one for myself. Off boost alone, the car felt like it lost 500lbs of weight due to having way more power off boost. It also allowed my turbos to spool so much faster that I moved to larger ones :)

So if youre planning a build, or just want to save one for a rainy day, now is your time.

4 bolt block is required. Any 72 rod will work. I can build you pistons and sell at cost for people who are in the GB

So lets get an idea where we stand, and I will get the lead time and piston prices worked out.

Ray

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,986 Posts
Hey Ray! Nice to see you posting again lol. I imagine getting 20+ 3/S owners to commit might take awhile even with that great price (unless some will be ordering more than one...) How would logistics look? Full payments from everyone and then you have to re-ship each one upon receiving the palletized bulk order? Drop-ship? I only ask since BC is literally in my backyard here hahaha.

Myself and a few others that do not really post are definitely interested.

-Alan

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am interested. if I remember correctly this doesn't work with 72 pistons only with your custom ones, if that's so I am in for crank and pistons.

·
?Mark
16,570 Posts
Hey Ray! Nice to see you posting again lol. I imagine getting 20+ 3/S owners to commit might take awhile even with that great price (unless some will be ordering more than one...) How would logistics look? Full payments from everyone and then you have to re-ship each one upon receiving the palletized bulk order? Drop-ship? I only ask since BC is literally in my backyard here hahaha.

Myself and a few others that do not really post are definitely interested.

-Alan
maybe discount if u pick it up

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,986 Posts
maybe discount if u pick it up
haha one for each of your TT cars! Gives the list a nice jump start =P

Oprah voice: "You get a stroker! You get a stroker! You get a stroker!"

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
post up if your 100% certain you want in

BC BILLET CRANKSHAFT $2550 SHIPPED IN U.S.A.
1. Alan (bboyalan)
2. Lars Winther Ringsted Kristiansen (Ringted)
3. Julien Matos (91_Blue_VR-4)
4. Travys Boult (Busterbrown)
5. Lloyd Ellis (Sensational980)
6. Johann Cho
7. Reuben Robinson (J-blueSL)
8. David Taylor Rockford (Taylormad1)
9. Morgan Sanders (speed hunter)
10. Rudy Kirchner (BMX665)
11. Bill Rotariu (Turbo Powered)

Ray's Custom Stroker Pistons
1. Alan (bboyalan)
2. Lars Winther Ringsted Kristiansen (Ringted)
3. Julien Matos (91_Blue_VR-4)
4. Travys Boult (Busterbrown)
5. Lloyd Ellis (Sensational980)
6. Johann Cho
7. David Taylor Rockford (Taylormad1)
8. Rudy Kirchner (BMX665)
9. Bill Rotariu (Turbo Powered)
:)

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
Hey guys adding you to the list, also let me know your first and last name for the list!

Lets get this going guys $2550 shipped in the U.S. this won't happen again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am in for crank and pistons.but please confirm that I need custom pistons and that I cant use my 93mm pistons , name:Julien Matos

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
I am in for crank and pistons.but please confirm that I need custom pistons and that I cant use my 93mm pistons , name:Julien Matos
I'll add you to the list, and you can use 6g72 rods but you can't use your current pistons because the deck height changes, but Ray is offering his custom pistons at his cost for anyone in the group buy.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whoever is in, we will have to figure out your pistons designs that you want. The ones I "shelf stock" are .035" over bore will be 650 per set with rings. Since I can make them in any bore you want, the prices will vary because the odd size ring packs are sometimes almost $100 more alone

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
holy crap! I have 4,210 posts? feels like a lifetime ago that I used to be so active here haha. I don't have much to say anymore

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
holy crap! I have 4,210 posts? feels like a lifetime ago that I used to be so active here haha. I don't have much to say anymore
if you would've been really active on here the last 8 or so years you would probably be at 8,000 lol

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
These are a great option for 99% of people looking to make more than 700hp. The stock cranks just don’t hold up.

I don’t need any of these personally. But, anyone buying one of these in the group buy that’s planning on kakperformance doing the build, be prepared for a nice discount on the labor. We need to do what we can to keep this platform alive, and 1,000hp engines that don’t have crank failures is a great way to do that.

Thanks ray.

·
Pro xfercase destroyer
5,416 Posts
Ray, is this crank essentially a billet version of your modded 6G74 crank for the 6G72 stroker? In other words, if I already have your 6G72/6G74 full stroker setup in my 6G72, would this crank drop in place of the custom cut 6G74 crank?

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,238 Posts
Ray, is this crank essentially a billet version of your modded 6G74 crank for the 6G72 stroker? In other words, if I already have your 6G72/6G74 full stroker setup in my 6G72, would this crank drop in place of the custom cut 6G74 crank?
i'll let ray answer this

17,261 Posts
I am sure Ray will chime in but your pistons won't work because the BC crank is slightly less stroke.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If we can time this around tax time I'm in. I have been talking with James Merryman and I have a 6g72 stroker that would allow me to just need this crank.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts