Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, the windows would work normally both sides then the light on the driver's side window panel would go out and none of the windows would work for a couple minutes along with the power lumbar (power seats still work however). After waiting a bit everything works normally again... Not sure where to look to solve this. Would a faulty etacs cause this? Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
There is a large connector between the door and the body of the car that plugs in on the door side, often these get knocked loose somehow or the clips broken on them which causes the connection to be weak, often resulting in window switch and door lock button troubles. I would check that.

·
Money pit owner.
2,545 Posts
I have the same issue, just haven't got around to fixing it. My understanding is that just the door panel has to come off to give access to the wire(s) in the loom that are damaged because the wire fatigue occurs from the door itself opening/closing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im sure theres a fuse somewhere either under the hood or under the driver dash by the hood release.
I'd check the fuse before ripping things off.

Then Id take off the door panel. you will need a multimeter or test light.
check the switch connection --> check the connection wires --> check the motor wires
Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts