Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of Tein coil-overs and removed the ECS plugs from all four corners. Aside from unplugging the bulb for the ECS light in the instrument cluster :rolleyes:, is there any way to stop it from flashing?

TIA

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
unplug the computer.

Passenger side, in the rear hatch. Remove the tool bin and it is behind a little panel on the side.

No more ECS.

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Hmm... I'll take a look in the service manual on CD, but can you elaborate on what to disconnect in the rear?

I have coilovers also and now that I read this thread I think I'll unplug the ECS to get rid of the blinking light.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
pop your hatch, and lift the carpet, like your going to the spare tire. On the right and left side, there are bins. Three screws hold the bin down. You want the passenger side.

once the bin is out, you will be able to open the small panel on the right side. I believe it is held in with a screw.

Once you have it open, you'll know what to do. Pull the two plugs.

Mission accomplished.

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol I was just going to post that picture...
Beat you to it! :D

Anyway I assume just disconnect the white plug at the base of the ECS computer?
I assume that's it, I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. After this is done does the ECS light in the instrument cluster just turn off completely or does it stay in either sport or tour mode? Just curious.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
it will go off completely

There are actually two plugs there, one for each side of the car.

Mine got so annoying I had to pull the plug, I would think that my turn signal was on when it flashed.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
Steve3kgt said:
Just got back from doing this, and yep the light goes out. While I was back there I ganked out the computer for a lil weight savings... =P
lol your a few ounces lighter now.;)

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead b/c it just helped me out. lol

Had the teins installed along with kyb struts therefore i no longer have ecs, so now I always have my left blinker on apparently... atleast thats how it feels. Now I know how to fix it. ;)

-Matt

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:burnout:

·
Belt-fed junkie
709 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll be doing this tomorrow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts