Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting this up for a Member on a Facebook 3S group page...

"I am currently serving in the Air Force and I am overseas. I am going through a divorce and my ex-wife waiting until Wednesday to inform my lawyers that my 97 Caracas Red VR4 has been missing since sometime in October... If anyone hear or sees someone trying to sell a 97 VR4 with 17" rims with blizzak snow tires five stock 18" rims that have been powder coated red, please call the police and please inform me. I have called the impound lots and have been assured that it has not been impounded... The last know location was off from 276th street in Federal Way... I had family travel from Utah today to ensure it was gone and to report it stolen on my behalf. Again, please help me if you're are able to. Also, can someone please share this post on the NW 3S page and forum? Thanks"

His email: [email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/lfspchy64

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
Sounds like you are not in a happy place right now. Sorry to hear that she did not even have the courtesy to tell you. Divorces do not have to be ugly.

Anyway, hope you find her in one piece. Then again, insurance may value your car more than you could fix it for after some joy riding.

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts
Man that's crazy. Hope it turns up!

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Ask your friend if he can produce a title for the car... maybe his wife sold it and then told him it was "stolen".

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Asked about the title, it is in his and his mothers name...
Unless she forged signatures of course to sell it...

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling if it was gone in Oct, and actually stolen, it probably is in pieces by now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh a few of us checked around, also checked for the rims too...poor guy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Is it stock besides the powder coated rims or are there some aftermarket stuff we should keep our eyes open for?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is not my car, I am posting it for a 3S owner on a Facebook Group who is not a 3SI member. I'm not sure about what is aftermarket on the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks again Matraveo. I was able to finally login to my account...

Thanks for all the support. One more identifier is there is a dent on the passenger side of the hood that I was unable to pop out because of it's location and the synchros in 2nd are pretty shot and grinds when shifting into 2nd...

Sorry to hear that bro. BTW, not diggin' those red chromies.
GLWFind
I stripped off the chrome and powdercoated the rims red only as a base coat. I am, well was, going to paint them primarily black. That way the red would have a nice contrast and "pop" haha

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Is it stock besides the powder coated rims or are there some aftermarket stuff we should keep our eyes open for?
The only mods are a lightweight flywheel, a SPEC Stage III clutch, a SS braided slave line, a high flow air intake, and a turbo smart 2 electronic boost controller that is mounted and hidden in the ashtray...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts